TDF commentary .... Time for a change

Popit

Couldn't agree more, I found Carlton Kirby's commentary on the Giro far more entertaining. Phil and Paul is just repeat,repeat, repeat. Far too many mistakes, time to move on.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more, I found Carlton Kirby's commentary on the Giro far more entertaining. Phil and Paul is just repeat,repeat, repeat. Far too many mistakes, time to move on.

They repeat repeat and practice their French pronunciations.

British folk are never very welcome on the Hub and it comes out a lot at tour time. e.g.

Wiggins

Sky

Cav

sheesh even Froome who's almost a Saffa, has been taking stick for being

Boring

Doping

& then the attacks on his Mrs

The commentary is great in my view because its what I'm used to and grew up with, and the mistakes are a social media industry of their own.  Murray Walker, the finest exponent of the art.

The very worst commentators are the SABC radio cricket folk (apart from Natalie Germanus and Nigel(?) someone).

The others sound like a bunch of fans who've found the commentary box unlocked and the microphone on and thought theyd give it a go.

British folk are never very welcome on the Hub and it comes out a lot at tour time. e.g.

Wiggins

Sky

Cav

Boring

Doping

The commentary is great in my view because its what I'm used to and grew up with, and the mistakes are a social media industry of their own. Murray Walker, the finest exponent of the art.

The very worst commentators are the SABC radio cricket folk (apart from Natalie Germanus and Nigel(?) someone).

The others sound like a bunch of fans who've found the commentary box unlocked and the microphone on and thought theyd give it a go.

Scotty I agree with you, but you must admit that the P&P show is getting a bit much now

Carlton Kirby and Dan Lloyd are far better, although carlton doesnt have to share info on every meal he ate the previous day. 

Edited by Winstonian1984

I do enjoy Carlton and his incessant screaming during the sprints. That's how I prefer my sprints (and my sport in general)... and my neighbour knows it all too well. Yesterday I was screaming at Kristoff... to no avail, but I still felt better afterwards.

I do enjoy the addition of Jens this year. That thick german accent... makes it sound like war! Dig it!

This is how I love my commentating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNCnI6jOodc&

Dan Lloyd rocks, but Carlton Kirby needs to chill out. I prefer to hear who's making a break for it, rather than a cacophony of inaudible screeches.  

Paul Sherwin is sooooooo predictable and repetitive...like a stuck record! Has his favourite catch phrases and repeats them about 500 times per stage.

Phil...bless him but time to move on.

Carlton Kirby and Dan Lloyd for sure :thumbup:

I'm a fan of Carlton Kirby on Eurosport. I enjoy his choice of words and general oddness.

Agree 100%, Carlton and Dan Lloyd would be my pick. Knowledgeable, entertaining and their interaction with fans is great!

Phil & Paul are losing the plot...

British folk are never very welcome on the Hub and it comes out a lot at tour time. e.g.

Wiggins

Sky

Cav

Boring

Doping

The commentary is great in my view because its what I'm used to and grew up with, and the mistakes are a social media industry of their own.  Murray Walker, the finest exponent of the art.

Probeer jy om die derde boere oorlog te begin?

:ph34r: