2Bros take on Vallnord, Andorra!

Grebel

Hi guys,

By now you would have seen the team announcement for the 2015 MTB DHI and XCO World Championships Included in that team selection are two very talented Juniors namely Jonathan and Christopher Philogene. 

To quote our very own Nigel Hicks, "those two lighties are the next bright sparks for SA downhill".

These guys are part of a privately funded race team called 2 Brothers Racing and they really are two talented young individuals! Anybody that has seen them ride or had the opportunity to ride with them will surely agree.

Please can you take the time to click the link and go check out the website. On the site they have compiled a wishlist. They can use all the help that you are willing to give. If you aren't able to assist with specific items on the list I am sure that any other form of sponsorship will be gratefully accepted.

This is a great opportunity to help two very promising and talented youngsters represent SA on the international stage.

Thanks in advance!!

Good luck fellas. Hopefully we'll see you guys in Andorra.

I'll see if I have any spares that you guys are looking for  :thumbup:

Finally some riders worthy of sponsoring.

AS Millar said, will see you there and will see what we have left over from Masters.

Thanks guys! One thing that puzzles me though is that these two brothers haven't landed a major sponsor yet....

I'm not talking about free entry into a bike park or some stickers, I'm talking about a proper sponsor. Noticeably a bike sponsor.

They are on 4 year old bikes that have been modified to try and keep up with current tech. (Their results say that they are doing a pretty good job at it as well!)

I think changing bikes this close to Worlds is a bad idea, but going forward, I certainly hope that somebody steps forward and puts a deal on the table.....

Both boys have made a full time commitment to the sport. Jono finished school last year and is now a full time cyclist focusing on DH. Chris is being home schooled so that there is more time to train. These guys are committed and are going places.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some feedback to keep you up to date, so far a few items have been knocked off the list as well as a few donations! 

Here’s the List

• 1 x set Shimano saint / zee brakes ( front -right hand, rear - left hand)
  • 4 x sets organic pads for shimano saint/zee brakes
  • 1 x spare Shimano RT 86 Icetec rotor 203mm
  • 1 x spare 2012 GT Fury Carbon derailleur hanger
  • 4 x 27.5" Specialized Butcher 2.4 DH tyres
  • 4 x 27.5" (wet weather) 2.4 DH tyres
  • 1 x Shimano ultegra 6701 10sp cassette 11-23t
  • 2 x Shimano ultegra 10spd chains
  • 1 x set Headset bearings 1-1/8"
  • 1 x Gamut style chain guide
  • 1 x set Shimano M647 clipless spd pedals
  • 1 x spare Shimano RT 86 Icetec rotor 180mm

Dream list

• 2 x 350 x 3.25" titanium shock springs
    (helps get the weight down)
  • 1 x Fox DHX RC4 rear shock, 241mm eye to eye, 3" travel

Thanks to the following for their support (updated 11 Aug 2015)

• Mark Sydney
    1 x set Shimano M647 clipless spd pedals
    1 x spare Shimano RT 86 Icetec rotor 180mm
  • Donation from Mark Kotlar
  • Chris Pearton
    1 x Fox DHX RC4 rear shock, 241mm eye to eye, 3" travel
  • Donation from the Cartwright family

To those of you that have helped so far, a massive thanks!

There are only a few days left until they leave for Worlds so If you are in a position to help, you can check out their website at 2Bros Racing 

Ping Admin

lets sticky this

Here we have some youngsters putting their balls on the line and making a full commitment to their sport..to be competitive they NEED to be overseas to gain the experience. They need a few parts now..but next year they need to be competing in some World cup and British National Series (if they can?) races. This means they need support from us locally and abroad...even if its just a spot on a couch to sleep. Lets get behind them like we have for Fire and other international competitors. We need more and more competitive cyclists and these guys are young enough to still be that.

• 2 weeks later...

So the 2Bros are currently ripping up the local trails with a few other Saffas! They left on Sunday. Bikes are assembled and lift passes are sorted. Guys are having a jol so far! 

Just a few pics to date:

The landscape

post-17843-0-74485500-1440747066_thumb.jpg

post-17843-0-85572600-1440747068_thumb.jpg

post-17843-0-40664200-1440747072_thumb.jpg

Hooking up with some saffas

post-17843-0-07936200-1440747078_thumb.jpg

post-17843-0-31299100-1440747082_thumb.jpg

Lifts

post-17843-0-91165700-1440747080_thumb.jpg

Bike wash after a good days riding

post-17843-0-37392800-1440747076_thumb.jpg

Too much stoke!!

post-17843-0-29161800-1440747079_thumb.jpg

Guys caught a glimpse of the track watching the Masters but all the action starts on Monday !!

Well done to all the ballies that rocked it hard at the Masters!!!

post-17843-0-35800000-1440747074_thumb.jpg

awesome invaluable experience for them

They've already commented that the bike park trails are like nothing they have ever ridden before.

A comment from Jono after day one riding the trails: "Officially the best day of my life!"

As you said, invaluable experience. A plan needs to be set in motion to get these guys over there next year to race the local scene (IXS comes to mind) A stretch too far for the family I think so Sponsors are a must

Please go and check out the website:

2Bros Racing

All contact details are on the site. There is also a facebook page that you can follow.

Support the Brothers! These guys are the future of SA Downhill!

Edit: Added a facebook link

Right so track walk is done. Rain expected over the next few days..... should make things very interesting if it materializes!! Most of the comments are around how steep the track is and how rutted it was. The brothers are currently shredding local secret trails waiting patiently for official practice on Thursday. I believe there is another track walk tomorrow so if it does rain, it might be a good idea to take another walk and see what has changed.

Some issues with mud on the goggles and lack of visibility for Jono as well as a crash for Chris and allowing riders past so those times probably not a good reflection of what is possible...

Archived