Vittoria Barzo Tyres

Sixes & Sevens

Hi All - I was wondering if anyone has 1st hand experience with the Barzo's? My Racing Ralph Snakeskins are past their best, so I would like to know how the Barzo's compare in terms of grip and rolling resistance. I have been happy with the the Racing Ralphs, BUT, if the Barzo's offer similar rolling resistance with better grip and / or puncture protection, I would be silly not to give them a go!! Any insight would be appreciated! Cheers

The Vittoria Peyote TnT is more a direct comparison to the Schwalbe Racing Ralph Snake Skin. Rolls much faster with exceptional grip and with strong side walls, you will hit the rock gardens with full confidence.

The Vittoria Barzo TnT tire compares to the Schwalbe Rocket Ron Snake Skin. More rolling resistance which provides more tactical grip for the front.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a cut to my Racing Ralph's rear tyre yesterday. Maybe also time to look what the other brands have to offer... Looking at a slightly "smaller" tyre on my WTB rims as I had endless troubles to seal the RR onto the wheel. They just fitted too loose.

Which shops is Pta stock these tyres and what is RRP?

I received two Barzo's for free for demo and feedback purposes (being a longtime Geax fan before the name change). I did about 500km before giving the one back and scrapping the other due to multiple punctures. I NEVER had a sidewall cut on Geax but had two on Barzo's. Back to Conti at the moment.

I'm currently running a Barzo up front and a Mezcal at the rear on my XTC,the grip is really good on the Barzo and I have had no puncture issues in the 700km I've done on it,also fast rolling tyre,can only compare to Maxxis however as I have never ridden Schwalbe's.I will however be replacing the rear as the Mezcal is a bit on the soft side for my riding style.Think I'll go with a Sagauro next.

• 1 year later...

I sold my wheels together with the tyres. I then decided to give the Barzo a go as a front tyre on my new wheels. After 2 rides I just am not enjoying this tyre, I find it washes out too quickly on loose ground and nearly saw my gat this morning. I had an Onza Canis on my old front wheel and had no problems. I have 3 options:

a) Persist with the Barzo

b) I have an Ardent Race 2.2 as a spare in my box

c) bite the bullet and buy another Canis

Suggestions?

I sold my wheels together with the tyres. I then decided to give the Barzo a go as a front tyre on my new wheels. After 2 rides I just am not enjoying this tyre, I find it washes out too quickly on loose ground and nearly saw my gat this morning. I had an Onza Canis on my old front wheel and had no problems. I have 3 options:

a) Persist with the Barzo

b) I have an Ardent Race 2.2 as a spare in my box

c) bite the bullet and buy another Canis

Suggestions?

Can't comment on the Barzo or Ardent. From my experience the Canis is a great rear tyre, but the Ibex is a better choice for the front...

Yes but the casing of the Ibex is FRC which kind of riding I don't really do.

You won't go wrong with the Canis as a front, just found Ibex is better. I have Canis/Canis on my single speed and Canis/Ibex on my trail bike. For the type of riding I do on the ss (mostly jeep track and well maintained trails) the Canis is really good on the front.

Agreed, I realise now how much I enjoyed the Canis and should have stuck with it.

I ran Barzo's front and rear.

Awesome grip but changed to the Saguaro for the rear for a little bit more traction.
Very happy running this setup, never punctured or any sidewall cuts.

The Barzo is a softer compound compared to the Saguaro.

Never lost the front wheel in any corner and gives me some extra confidence. :devil:

you can get them from CWC for R500 I think, and they ship

I am also running the Barzo /Suguaro combination. Have had one bad puncture on the Barzo but generally no problems and enjoying the grip

I ran Barzo's front and rear.

Awesome grip but changed to the Saguaro for the rear for a little bit more traction.

Very happy running this setup, never punctured or any sidewall cuts.

The Barzo is a softer compound compared to the Saguaro.

Never lost the front wheel in any corner and gives me some extra confidence. :devil:

you can get them from CWC for R500 I think, and they ship

I changed from ikon front and rear to barzo front and rear. I love them, but the rear barzo wear much quicker then what I am used to. I do not think I will get 2000km on the rear. And at the currant price of barzo's I will have to go back to ikons.

I changed from ikon front and rear to barzo front and rear. I love them, but the rear barzo wear much quicker then what I am used to. I do not think I will get 2000km on the rear. And at the currant price of barzo's I will have to go back to ikons.

Yes I do agree with you on the wear rate of the Barzo. Thus opting for the harder compound of the Saguaro on the rear.

I have done more miles on the Suguaro than on the Barzo and at this stage and the thread looks fine, think you can get 3x the miles on the Suguaro than the Barzo. (or my skills have improved and not using the brakes so often)

Also the grey sidewall looks much cooler ;)

Edited by dewaldsss

Try the Saguaro for the rear, hands down my favorite tyre.