ScottCM

Each foot is different though

+1

I unfortunately disliked the Ghost 9 shoe when i went shopping for a cheaper alternative to the nimbus (even though it wasn't much cheaper at the time) , the arch support dug into my arch, even walking was uncomfortable for me. As you rightly say, each foot is different!!

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Brookes both jackes and I got what can only be described as a rubbing on the sides of the feet. As I alluded to earlier.. It's for a bit better with thicker socks.. But runs over 20km and I notice it. Outside of that.. Great shoe.. Love the way the feel.. But restricted to short fast runs only

Indeed, but I sorted that out with that same thicker Falke socks and a block of Kinesio tape on the inside of my foot where it bothered me on long rus (Does'nt bother on short ones) and that sorted that out, even during Comrades I did not know about it.

It looks like it may be sorted in the 10's as well, wider toebox and 2 other small design changes at the front.   

https://www.solereview.com/brooks-ghost-10-review/

http://www.roadtrailrun.com/2017/06/brooks-ghost-10-review-superb-toe-box.html

Currently I'm not sure if my itb starts to niggle in them or if I am just imagining things, where in my saucony's I don't feel anything of my itb.  But then again, why did it not give me itb past my qualifying marathon last year and only showed it's ugly head in peak training during Omtom this year.   Does not make sense, so perhaps it is just in my head, but I will update this...

Kind of in a catch 22 situation again with the training intensifying for our marathon in Nov and me trying to keep the itb from flaring up again.

But yeah, I have loved my Ghosts this last year!

Edited by Jackes

post-63043-0-18909000-1506967390_thumb.png

Lordy! The crazy thing is every time they appear on the store they're almost immediately sold out. My only fear with those (other than the price) would be the longevity.

Can only recommend Run the Berg guys, what an awesome two days. Day one is about as spectacular as I think anything can get - you climb for Africa, but the views up on top make it totally worth it. Day 2 is luckily a little easier, but with stuffed legs it's a godsend. All the organisation is top notch, the waterpoints are tough to leave, the venues are awesome and a gourmet boerie roll and Notties draught at the finish line can cure pretty much all ailments.

Went with my road shoes in the end, and kind of glad I did - just took it very easy in the technical stuff and enjoyed the comfort and cushioning of my road shoes. It was also an older set, so not much worry about stuffing them up. They actually held up really well though.

My legs are still poked sitting at my computer tonight... the leg burn from lunging up a mountain like that is a bit next level - will definitely help the leg strength heading forward - I feel like Arnie. Westcliff stairs definitely on the training schedule for next year - we will definitely be going back. Also think there will be a lot more Trail runs in our future.

Lastly, my wifey, what a soldier... first ever trail run for her, and first ever multi day event - and it was a brute. We forget the skills you learn over the years managing your mind and ignoring pain. She did what it took thought and fought off any demons as they came along.

What are the other trail multi days we should be looking at? Keen to try a new one each year where possible?

post-3544-0-81523000-1506974110_thumb.jpg

post-3544-0-21037200-1506974131_thumb.jpg

I have got to do Run the Berg.  Andrew, Oxpecker is a must, its a package deal so you dont need to worry about anything and the peeps are fantastic.  We going to give Glencairn a try next weekend and will let you know.  I somehow dont think it will be in the same league as Oxpecker and Run the Berg.

3 cranes has also caught my attention but seeing as its a month before my first attempt at OMTOM i will give it a miss next year 

3 cranes has also caught my attention but seeing as its a month before my first attempt at OMTOM i will give it a miss next year 

Maybe you should give OMTOM a miss instead?

Maybe you should give OMTOM a miss instead?

Devils Advocate hey, Believe me i am torturing myself at the moment with making a decision. Guess i have till the 1st Nov to decide. 

Next years calendar is filling out:

Hobbit 38km

Mweni 38km (a bit close to Hobbit but good training for Rhodes)

Rhodes Run 50km

Maybe Golden Gate stage race?

Bank balance and leave request forms shiver at the thought of next years racing...

Bank balance and leave request forms shiver at the thought of next years racing...

One day for the Hobbit as it is on a long weekend

Mweni will be a day to drive to KZN (drive back on sunday)

Rhodes will be two days before and two days after (family comes with)

Golden Gate will be the major challenge.

In all 6 days leave (excluding GG which will be another 4)

Entries for Mweni is cheap, Rhodes and Hobbit will be about 3K together.

The real expense is accommodation and travel