ScottCM

Thanks, guys. I'm keen to give them a try as everybody who has run in them seems to love them. The shape of the Saucony Rides suit my foot well so if that wide toe box and foot-hugging heel carry through to the Kinvaras then they should be good. That Everun foam is apparently very close to the Boost foam as well.

If our local stores stocked Saucony's, I might have used them above my Brooks which I absolutely love.   Every time I use my Saucony Triumph's I just realize how good they feel.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting names amongst the Murray & Roberts team:

MURRAY & ROBERTS ELITE TEAM 2019

Men
Rufus Photo, Renier Grobler, Benedict Moeng, Philani Buthelezi, Sikhumbuzo Seme, Vuyisile Tshoba, Thulane Magagula (Veteran), Chris Cherry, Thabo Nkuna, Raymond Phaladi, Jeffrey Gwebu, Mthobisi Baloyi, Kabelo Melamu, Dylan van der Merwe, Anda Lubelwana, Lutendo Mapoto, Timothy Munzhelele

Women
René Kalmer, Christine Kalmer, Charné Bosman (Veteran), Caroline Cherry, Jenna Challenor, Yolande Maclean (Veteran), Salome Cooper (Veteran), Kesa Molotsane, Danette Smith, Mary Khourie, Nolene Conrad, Mia Morrison, Ulrica Stander (Veteran), Lesego Hlako, Janie Grundling, Stella Marais, Keneilwe Sesing, Calvin Malatji

MURRAY & ROBERTS SEMI-ELITE TEAM 2019

Men
Kallie Burger, Lyle Timm, Jaco Brummer (Veteran), Harmans Mokgadi (Veteran), Mosongo Mokoatsi (Veteran), Siegfriedt Heydenrych, Fusi Nhlapo (Veteran), Graeme McCallum (Master), Stephen Caelers, Motlatsi Sesing, Samuel Mashishi, Eloi de Oliveira (Grandmaster), Nic de Beer (Veteran), Evan Coetzee, Byron Jones, Gustav Roos, Ryan Gibson, Rory Scheffer

Women
Julanie Basson (Veteran), Anel Terblanche, Kyla van Graan, Leilani Scheffer, Anet Coetzee, Andrea Steyn, Judy Bird (Master), Carly Kent (Veteran), Val Watson (Grandmaster), Lesley Train Austin (Veteran), Belinda Waghorn (Veteran), Karen Brough (Master), Grace de Oliveira (Master), Simone Verster, Mitsie van der Westhuizen (Veteran), Kerry-Ann Marshall, Jacqueline Kellerman (Veteran), Shanley Koekemoer (Junior), Carina Viljoen

Any reason why Caroline is listed by her maiden name?

Also busy putting tailwind through it's paces at the moment and it is looking good, I will still need solid food for anything over 60km.

More feedback on the Tailwind as yet Dave?

Also do you guys use the caffeine one or the non?   Flavours?

More feedback on the Tailwind as yet Dave?

Also do you guys use the caffeine one or the non? Flavours?

I would love some feedback from guys using it while running as well. Apparently some guys mic it into a gel? Anybody willing to share their tips and tricks please?

Frosty... Please send this plan to me. My sister in law is running her first 21 I'm march sometime. She has a bit of base so should be able to pick it up a couple of weeks in

See attached - it's different to the 0-10K I did this time last year, but seems quite good for interval training too.

20 weeks to HM.pdf

Some interesting names amongst the Murray & Roberts team:

MURRAY & ROBERTS ELITE TEAM 2019

[/size]MenRufus Photo, Renier Grobler, Benedict Moeng, Philani Buthelezi, Sikhumbuzo Seme, Vuyisile Tshoba, Thulane Magagula (Veteran), Chris Cherry, Thabo Nkuna, Raymond Phaladi, Jeffrey Gwebu, Mthobisi Baloyi, Kabelo Melamu, Dylan van der Merwe, Anda Lubelwana, Lutendo Mapoto, Timothy Munzhelele[/size] [/size]WomenRené Kalmer, Christine Kalmer, Charné Bosman (Veteran), Caroline Cherry, Jenna Challenor, Yolande Maclean (Veteran), Salome Cooper (Veteran), Kesa Molotsane, Danette Smith, Mary Khourie, Nolene Conrad, Mia Morrison, Ulrica Stander (Veteran), Lesego Hlako, Janie Grundling, Stella Marais, Keneilwe Sesing, Calvin Malatji[/size] [/size]MURRAY & ROBERTS SEMI-ELITE TEAM 2019
[/size]MenKallie Burger, Lyle Timm, Jaco Brummer (Veteran), Harmans Mokgadi (Veteran), Mosongo Mokoatsi (Veteran), Siegfriedt Heydenrych, Fusi Nhlapo (Veteran), Graeme McCallum (Master), Stephen Caelers, Motlatsi Sesing, Samuel Mashishi, Eloi de Oliveira (Grandmaster), Nic de Beer (Veteran), Evan Coetzee, Byron Jones, Gustav Roos, Ryan Gibson, Rory Scheffer[/size] [/size]WomenJulanie Basson (Veteran), Anel Terblanche, Kyla van Graan, Leilani Scheffer, Anet Coetzee, Andrea Steyn, Judy Bird (Master), Carly Kent (Veteran), Val Watson (Grandmaster), Lesley Train Austin (Veteran), Belinda Waghorn (Veteran), Karen Brough (Master), Grace de Oliveira (Master), Simone Verster, Mitsie van der Westhuizen (Veteran), Kerry-Ann Marshall, Jacqueline Kellerman (Veteran), Shanley Koekemoer (Junior), Carina Viljoen[/size]

Any reason why Caroline is listed by her maiden name?

Quite a large squad.

Isn't Caroline divorced?

Two thing:
​1. Tailwind. I do not use it as extensively as Dave, I presume. But I just chuck some in my water bottle and run. Had a variety bag a while ago and just tried the "non flavored" version the other day - and first time ever somebody got that right! Caffeinated or not depends on yourself - I use both. 

2. After last week's talking about the Nikes, I walked into their Canal Walk store over the weekend to see the Zoom Fly SP on bigger special than on their online store - 1800-odd. So for that price I had to try it. If anybody else is interested... Weeeeird semi-transparent upper. 

Yeah, first half is fast, then from about 12kms you head up, with it kicking more noticeably around the 14km mark, peaking at 18km odd - last 2-3km is largely fast downhill where the PTS from last years Comrades down run kicks in...

This is all from vague memory, but should give you the gist. Enjoy Frosty, this year I've promised myself I will take is very slow and sensibly  :blush:​ 

Okay, so the first 12km wasn't the easiest either... fitness might play some part in that, but I almost felt like I was running a different route to the usual out there. Actually had quite a cool run though, took it nice and sensible and my legs are already pretty much fine this morning...

Lots of work to do, but feel like I'm slowly learning a little more about this running art each year and how is best for me to approach things... just need to put things into practice and push on

Next up Johnsons Crane, just the half for me (old me would definitely have been kakking off in the Marathon, but I've hopefully purged myself of that fool)

Look at the Anker range that amazon sell... I'm not sure if you can get then there though.

Be careful about running outside with earphones though

From past experience within the last 5 years, Anker doesn't ship to south africa whatsoever - had an acquaintance bring an anker product over from usa and its still going strong, great quality so far, so worth the trouble!

Had a nice Dischem run as a training run in prep for EL70.3.  Also trying to train to run slower/relaxed and keep HR down (zone 2) as prep for OMTOM which am finding difficult to do lol.  

Felt comfortable all the way and finished strong and still ended up with a PB without even trying!!

Quite a large squad.

Isn't Caroline divorced?

What?  Not a good few years for her then.   Seems like Charne as well?

What?  Not a good few years for her then.   Seems like Charne as well?

Yah, she looked like she wasn't enjoying her run much yesterday when she came in with the 2 hour bus. Looked very laboured in her stride. Hopefully she'll be back into her rhythm again soon.

Did my first 2 km on Saturday. 15. something minutes. Ran the whole way, got home took a shower and continued my day as usual. Legs was a bit stiff in the evening and a bit sore yesterday. 

I think I would have been able to do another loop, but did not want to push for 4 km. 

How do you know your shoe is done running?

Did my first 2 km on Saturday. 15. something minutes. Ran the whole way, got home took a shower and continued my day as usual. Legs was a bit stiff in the evening and a bit sore yesterday. 

I think I would have been able to do another loop, but did not want to push for 4 km. 

How do you know your shoe is done running?

When you see a sexier pair in the shop.