MTO Trails - Jonkershoek (an update on Jonkershoek)

BobbyBehan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to ride the new double black. Pictures look awesome and have heard good things from those who have hit it already.

guys can we maybe organise a hub ride in jonkers ?

something for everyone ? maybe a hub get together for skills and introduction to the new jonkers route ?

Would probably be better to wait until they open again... If you're talking about the black & red route, that is. 

that was the thinking, when they open we have a hubland ride, with everyone with different fitness levels and skill sets heading off in different directions.

we can share our "stories" when we having coffee at the entrance a bit later in the day.

also gives others a chance to try a route out that they would not normally do - but with the help of others might tackle something and gain new confidence.

Looking at those pics, it seems that the Black trail will be LOADS of fun. Only thing I'm not reaaaally comfortable with are the gaps and such. Will definitely be giving it a once over when it's open!

• 3 weeks later...

The long wait is over. The signage has arrived and the Red and Black trail from the Waterfall trail head is officially open. The trails are very dry, so please stay safe and ride within your ability. Watch this little video that demonstrates some of the features on the Black line. Thank you to Stephan Senekal and Matt Lombardi for the filming. A special little feature on the last part of the Black to follow soon

https://www.facebook.com/1614831528781058/videos/1638408349756709/

You have seen Claudio doing the DH Previews for Red Bull TV at the UCI World Cups. Now watch Steph Senekal and Matt Lombardi take you on a ride down the final section of the Black line. This is for all the guys who love to jump

https://www.facebook.com/1614831528781058/videos/1638413629756181/

The ground was (yesterday evening) still very much loose on the new Red trail, especially near the start. It is really going to be amazingly smooth and fast once the dust settles.

Thanks for all the hard work on the new trails!

Guest dirkieuys

Wow!!!!! My favourite place to ride just got better!!! Cant wait! Thanks to everyone who worked on the trails!!!

JEEEEPERS!!!........

so i went and trailed my mate @ bloemendal over the weekend with an action cam - and had a jol and got kicks out of watching the footage afterward.

then i made the mistake of watching the vids above.....now i feel lame.....