V brake to disc brake upgrade on TREK 8000

madmarc

So i'm busy upgrading an old TREK series 8000 from V-Brake to Disc Brake. The fork mount is no problem, but the rear is 22mm post mount which I need to convert to ISO mount with an adaptor, like in the pictures.

Does anyone have one laying around or know where I can get one

post-2304-0-59881100-1442744633_thumb.jpg

post-2304-0-10382200-1442744647_thumb.jpg

post-2304-0-37810700-1442744663_thumb.jpg

I got one somewhere. Tried it for my Trek 8900. Same as what you trying to do. Didnt fit. Need to look for it though...

I got one somewhere. Tried it for my Trek 8900. Same as what you trying to do. Didnt fit. Need to look for it though...

Why didn't it fit ?

The seatstays were too fat.

Interesting point, I'll need the check that, If you find it let me know, I'd buy it off you

Looks like the guy with thr XTR above had to machine some meat off the caliper to get it to fit.

make one ... L piece of metal ... measure ... cut to shape ; drill holes ... fit and ride ...

done.

make one ... L piece of metal ... measure ... cut to shape ; drill holes ... fit and ride ...

done.

Put an ad in the classifieds there must be tons of IS to post mount adaptors lying around, even if you can't find the exact one you can use washers to size it up or file it down(which is a hit harder and better if done in a milling machine).

Edit.

Wait, read to fast never seen 22mm post mount, a converter for that is probably avail on eBay, I'd have a quick look there.

Archived