Converting TCX or GPX to Garmin FIT file

StevieL

I think the title speaks for itself.

What I am trying to do is to get a strava activity (not mine) onto my fenix 3 as a course. It doesn't recognise TCX or GPX files, and simply copying into the New files folder doesn't seem to work as it did on my old Garmin 500. (I don't even have a new files folder anymore with the Fenix 3.

Any ideas?

I looked for the fit file you want, but I cant find it ANYWHERE on my backups. Sorry dude.

Found some cool old pics and some interesting video libraries during the search though :ph34r:

I looked for the fit file you want, but I cant find it ANYWHERE on my backups. Sorry dude.

Found some cool old pics and some interesting video libraries during the search though :ph34r:

Thanks Patch...

Still battling with this problem as you can see.

My one and only gripe so far with this Fenix 3.

Hmmm, that is a dodgy file - it says it has "converted" it, but nothing available afterwards.

Maybe the file is half my problem.

Thanks for the effort anyways.  :thumbup:

I think the title speaks for itself.

What I am trying to do is to get a strava activity (not mine) onto my fenix 3 as a course. It doesn't recognise TCX or GPX files, and simply copying into the New files folder doesn't seem to work as it did on my old Garmin 500. (I don't even have a new files folder anymore with the Fenix 3.

Any ideas?

I have used this TCX converter when I created routes from google maps (need for when was cycling in France earlier this year)... easier than carrying a map book :)

http://www.tcxconverter.com/TCX_Converter/TCX_Converter_ENG.html

It has the option to convert to a FIT file

Also this website you can convert files http://www.gpsies.com/convert.do

Not sure about the FIT file for the Fenix, but I've used the link (gpsies) to convert to the Garmin TCX format and successfully loaded it unto an Edge500. It was the only conversion that I could get to work.

Edited by HOEKVLAG