New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Oh goodness...it is classified as a leasehold

Here is a screen shot of the title document:

attachicon.gifword.jpg

Here is the land plan showing it is separate standing houses:

attachicon.gifmap.jpg

Aaah I understand where you're coming from. Yes the title will say leasehold (even if it's a cross lease). It's becsaue the owner has a lease-hold interest in their specific flat plan. (see the cross lease section here)

The clues that it's cross lease are the "1/2 share", "fee simple" and the 999yr lease.

If you speak to your conveyancer they will tell you that it's what is commonly known as cross-lease and not the same as what's commonly known as leasehold.

Also if you look it up the address on www.oneroof.co.nz or the LINZ property database it will say "cross-lease"

Either way, and no matter what you want to call it, that property could still be a decent buy if the price is right and there aren't any alarm bells on the LIM report.

You'll still own a half share of 887m2 and the "lease" is in place for 999ys.

So yeah, hope that helps the house hunting   :)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder I'm a nobody, all I got was the personality disorder.

That and good skills in necromancy in reviving a post from 8 months ago !

Any hubbers in OZ, able to tell us what's going on over there?

Looks like Armageddon or something:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/11/australia-fires-nation-braces-for-most-dangerous-bushfire-week-ever-seen

I am in two minds whether it's a bit hyped in the headlines. It is a bad combination of hot dry weather over quite a widespread area, and in Queensland at least, 2 years of below average rainfall generating a large number of fires. As to if its the worst ever - typically Victoria gets the worst fires as they get more rainfall, more vegetation grows, and when that takes alight things go downhill fast. A bad fire season in Victoria (which its not AFAIK) would generally outweigh a "very bad" season in the other parts of the country. 

The more north you go, in general the less fire load, and less intense the fires- although that's small comfort to those who still lose life & possession. You get to the scrub in far north Queensland, and you could probably jump over or walk around the fireline if you are quick enough there is so little burning.   

That said, the smoke haze in Brisbane yesterday from fires that are measured in hundreds of kilometres away was pretty intense. Health agencies were warning people should stay indoors, but was probably a case of CYA. My sources in the health system indicated that nobody in Brissie seems to have had respiratory problems needing to be admitted to emergency.

I gather some blame has been laid at poor fire management techniques by authorities, such as reducing the frequency of controlled burns that reduce the fire loading. The local guys are pretty good at control burns in the forest that borders my house, so I don't feel too uncomfortable - yet.

I am in two minds whether it's a bit hyped in the headlines. It is a bad combination of hot dry weather over quite a widespread area, and in Queensland at least, 2 years of below average rainfall generating a large number of fires. As to if its the worst ever - typically Victoria gets the worst fires as they get more rainfall, more vegetation grows, and when that takes alight things go downhill fast. A bad fire season in Victoria (which its not AFAIK) would generally outweigh a "very bad" season in the other parts of the country. 

The more north you go, in general the less fire load, and less intense the fires- although that's small comfort to those who still lose life & possession. You get to the scrub in far north Queensland, and you could probably jump over or walk around the fireline if you are quick enough there is so little burning.   

That said, the smoke haze in Brisbane yesterday from fires that are measured in hundreds of kilometres away was pretty intense. Health agencies were warning people should stay indoors, but was probably a case of CYA. My sources in the health system indicated that nobody in Brissie seems to have had respiratory problems needing to be admitted to emergency.

I gather some blame has been laid at poor fire management techniques by authorities, such as reducing the frequency of controlled burns that reduce the fire loading. The local guys are pretty good at control burns in the forest that borders my house, so I don't feel too uncomfortable - yet.

I've made it a bit of a hobby recording local rainfall as BOM provides such information for free and is updated daily. The rainfall for the three years I've been in town show that 2019 has been drier than the previous two. On a percentile basis, we are currently in the 5th percentile. Which is a true reflection of exactly how dry it is; that 95% of the time, we'd have had more rain at the equivalent stage. The percentile data is collected from using the DataDrill service from BOM.

post-7393-0-25579700-1573532555_thumb.png

post-7393-0-95460900-1573532563_thumb.png

Central Coast NSW is a conflagration. It was bad before today and will only get worse with the gale force winds and high temps.

I've made it a bit of a hobby recording local rainfall as BOM provides such information for free and is updated daily. The rainfall for the three years I've been in town show that 2019 has been drier than the previous two. On a percentile basis, we are currently in the 5th percentile. Which is a true reflection of exactly how dry it is; that 95% of the time, we'd have had more rain at the equivalent stage. The percentile data is collected from using the DataDrill service from BOM.

That's what I have been telling people about the rainfall this year. If it was not for the reasonable rain in March 2019, your graph shows we would have been on the 1 percentile or off the plot entirely.

Central Coast NSW is a conflagration. It was bad before today and will only get worse with the gale force winds and high temps.

From my friend who lives there and is evacuating

Pacific Highway cut at Woolgoolga forty minutes ago. Two uncontrolled fires at Bonville (fifty minutes ago) and Karangi heading this way. I got through there a few hours ago. First lucky break. I need some anti adrenalin tablets...toxic danger and impedes decision making. Mutton bird Island an option. Boats in Coffs Harbour an option for mass evacuation. Government authorities silent due to unprecedent nature of event. International Rally Organisers turning their skills to assisting with safety measures.

From my friend who lives there and is evacuating

Pacific Highway cut at Woolgoolga forty minutes ago. Two uncontrolled fires at Bonville (fifty minutes ago) and Karangi heading this way. I got through there a few hours ago. First lucky break. I need some anti adrenalin tablets...toxic danger and impedes decision making. Mutton bird Island an option. Boats in Coffs Harbour an option for mass evacuation. Government authorities silent due to unprecedent nature of event. International Rally Organisers turning their skills to assisting with safety measures.

Satellite images and animation give an idea.

https://www.windy.com/-Satellite-satellite?satellite,-29.908,153.914,8

Use either the visible or infrared options, select the duration you want and then press play. 

The bad...

Metservice's predictions on Auckland weather.

I got absolutely soaked on the bike thanks to a VERY inaccurate prediction which I triple checked over the space of 2hrs. 15min after my last check... buckets of rain descended upon me.

Yeh, that's Auckland.  Whatever it's doing now, well it won't be doing that in 15 mins.

Went to U2 - left on nice sunny afternoon, didn't take rain stuff, got into stadium looking up at the biggest wall of black cloud I've seen in a while.  Didn't rain thank goodness, but taught me once again not to take the current weather for granted.

Ladies and gents .... I am here for the Pitcha's, please do not disappoint :P

Ironically enough, and even though it's not what you are looking for, I just took this from a meeting room while waiting for the convenor to arrive.

This is Rosedale, slightly like the Auckland equivalent of Sandton.

6 mins from home.a2bb4a872bebd341e5327f32d5f6ef99.jpg

Ironically enough, and even though it's not what you are looking for, I just took this from a meeting room while waiting for the convenor to arrive.

do you work for Interlogic?

I know that location well - I have been visiting with Kerry Dines(over the road) for a while trying to close a deal there.

Edit : I see on LinkedIn you are at Daifuku

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

do you work for Interlogic?

I know that location well - I have been visiting with Kerry Dines(over the road) for a while trying to close a deal there.

Edit : I see on LinkedIn you are at Daifuku

Yep, Daifuku. 

Next time you're around give me a shout and we'll go catch some sushi down the road or get a coffee or something...

Another Bad/Good/Strange...

Bad: spiders.  They bite.

Good: they know how to treat you

Strange: you can claim against ACC - the govt accident compensation thingy - 'because you didn't intend to get bitten by a spider, so it's an accident'.

Howcome if I don't intend to get cancer it wouldn't be an accident.  However, I'm not complaining.  Luckily I don't seem to need need any ACC'ing.

I think you are being very charitable describing Rosedale as equivalent to Sandton...