Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Just asked the fella at the counter for the password...he informs me they dont give out the password.

i never use all the data on my phone so i am not worried about wifi...it is handy when traveling or when the lte signal is weak

I had the same at Mugg and Bean earlier....

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a setting on your phone under Wi-FI settings "Passpoint", if this enabled your phone will automatically connect to certain Wi-Fi networks like Vida. The problem with this is that it does not take you to the login/credentials page, so your phone is connected to the Wi-Fi so it drops the 3G/4G connection but you are not connected to the internet.

End result is nothing that requires data will work, this is for Android, not sure about others. 

On Sunday I retrieved my first smoothie from the local Virgin as I don't know of any Vida near Alberton. Anyway, went in the day before to make sure they will accept it and how it all works. The lady said all she needs is the code written down.

So Sunday morning after doing the 10km Johnson crane run with wife and friend we stopped by virgin, gave a piece of paper where I had written down all four of our rewards codes (Wife and Mine for two weeks) and made an order, bob's your uncle and home we went with four smoothies while our phone were never once required at the point of smoothie retreat.

Picture this:

Saturday the rewards cycle starts.

1x >2hr activity above vigorous range (70%) gets more than enough points for the week

After the ride, stop at VA to get the smoothie from the previous week

While getting the smoothie, clock in.

Repeat every week and there's no need to visit VA to do a workout.

So why do I have a gym membership? Besides the fact that it will be for free, the watt bikes are with the workout and every now and then the view

Picture this:

1x >2hr activity above vigorous range (70%) gets more than enough points for the week

So why do I have a gym membership? Besides the fact that it will be for free, the watt bikes are with the workout and every now and then the view

I'm kinda doing the same thing now, and with gym being less than 5 mins from work, I sometimes go in during the day to grab a peanut butter bomb when I have a sweet craving.

So my visits are up to date, I'm getting free smoothies and some time away from the office... Win win win situation.

Picture this:

I'm actually downgrading to a single club membership, just because I don't want to pay for something that I only use to swim with my lightie... At one club. I mostly ride and exercise at home using my home-made TRX stuff (hand-holds and ratchet straps)

Far better paying nothing than R 300 per month... 

When did you take out your gym membership?

Here are the rules:

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/benefit_rules/vitality_active_rewards_gym_booster_benefit_guide.pdf

If you meet the following requirements, then you qualify:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-29 at 9.45.34 PM.png

Go to Vitality

Then select Vitality Active Rewards

The scroll down to see the following:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-29 at 9.44.47 PM.png

There will be a green button saying "Activate".

As a "adult dependant" I can only get a maximum of 50% (base discount) + 25% (booster) = 75% discount on VA, right?

I got rewards but at Kuai they told me both my codes does not work - I am a little bit p--ed off.

Had the same issue last week and again this week. Last week I let it go but mailed them this morning regarding the issues.

As a "adult dependant" I can only get a maximum of 50% (base discount) + 25% (booster) = 75% discount on VA, right?

no, as spouse you also get the 75% plus boost. 

Unless you're not a spouse, and are in fact an adult dependent. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

no, as spouse you also get the 75% plus boost. 

Unless you're not a spouse, and are in fact an adult dependent. 

No not a spouse.... I'm the third member... Ai 50% it is.

So did my first ride with my Apple watch and no HR monitor.

Got 600 points on a 90 min more vigorous than my last ride where I got 3000 points using my Garmin and HR monitor.

What gives ?

Myles ??

Edited by jules1976