Argus (aka CTCT) 2016 Medical Questionnaire

walkerr

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also got one. The site has no encryption and they are asking for your fullname and ID. I for one am staying away from it.

Also got one. The site has no encryption and they are asking for your fullname and ID. I for one am staying away from it.

Ouch!

I emailed the Cycle Tour earlier to query if genuine. If they say it is, I'll raise this with them. There is no way they can insist on people providing personal information over an unencrypted connection - although TBH, I still have no clue why they need as much information as people are saying this asks for.

Called them and it is legit. A bit odd that its compulsory though.

I suspect a condition of Mediclinics sponsorship that they are allowed to survey participants...?

Called them and it is legit. A bit odd that its compulsory though.

I suspect a condition of Mediclinics sponsorship that they are allowed to survey participants...?

Beware though - that does not seem to be a secure connection they are using. Hence whatever you entered can be sniffed by any connection in between

If I have to update the medical form one more time  :cursing:

Sounds like a lot longer than the usual medical form. Might be an exaggeration - but 1 FB post said 20 pages

load of bollocks, filled in half of it and then it bombed out, not doing it.

one question asks, "Do you experience cramps on the bike?", simple "yes/no" so yes I do cramp, mark it, up pops another 20 sub-questions! So no, I dont cramp on the bike anymore...

I presume, since this information was not requested for the SCT on 29 November, that my personal safety must have been put at risk for that event by them not asking for all of this then?

Or maybe the stuff we fill in for Racetec was adequate all along ....

;)

Will be interesting to see if someone really challenges this and whether they can actually make it a compulsory requirement for entry (especially with it only coming up after accepting full payment for the entries).

Put in my last name and DOB as requested on page 1 and it tells me that nobody with this name has entered :mellow:

Confuses me though because 1stly I received the E-Mail so I was obviously lucky enough in the lottery, 2ndly My name nor my DOB have changed as I am Not Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner and 3rdly when I clicked "home" after it gave me the incorrect name error, it went to University of Pretoria's home page...

So how "compulsory" is it actually??

And for the record, my surname has an ' in it, if it does not recognise me with the ' then I have been registered incorrectly on THEIR system so this is NOT my fault!!

load of bollocks, filled in half of it and then it bombed out, not doing it.

one question asks, "Do you experience cramps on the bike?", simple "yes/no" so yes I do cramp, mark it, up pops another 20 sub-questions! So no, I dont cramp on the bike anymore...

Ditto. Stupid questionnaire.

I just completed mine now after the first time it just bombed out but I was wondering if there is any notification now letting us know that they have received a completed questionnaire from us?

....and it looks like a 2 year old designed the web page. What's with the funky 16 bit colours.

Now that's just unforgiveable ... like having the wrong length socks, or shorts other than black .... ;)

Archived