Retro Road Ride-Saturday January 23- Alberton

SuperStokedCycles

Hi everyone, so we decided that we love old bikes so much that we are planning a "Stoked to ride steel" group ride from our new shop in Brackenhurst, Alberton on the 23rd of January 2016!

So here is the plan, meet at the shop at 6:30am and leave at 6:45am 

Secure parking available at the shop.

Ride will be between an hour and an hour and a half, pace will be sedate and would prefer for us all to stick together. (We'll just look cooler that way!) 

We'll return to the shop after the ride for some refreshments, and to pose with the Vintage Victor's!

No charge, only requirements are that your bike is old school! Downtube shifters, exposed cables, and Columbus stickers...get the point?! it's not limited to steel, if you have a cool retro Aluminium ALAN or Vitus, or an Uber cool carbon LOOK or TVT, that will more than suffice!

It goes without saying that I am a huge fan of the old bikes, and would love to see more of them on the road, instead of in the display case in your Man-Cave!

If you have any parts, or want to barter with other collectors then bring your old rusty gadgets and lets trade!!

Please feel free to contact the shop on 011 867 1692 for more details, or just drop us a PM here on the Bikehub!

Please add your name to this thread if you would like to join the ride, just so we know how many riders to expect.

Super Stoked Cycles

Shop 3

11 Hennie Alberts Street

Brackenhurst

Alberton

Thanks guys! See you in the new year!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest notmyname

Small Fry, SS is welcome! (Because we all know SS is Hardcore Cool!)

Thanks Loose Cog...

Okay cool. I think I'll make the trek from the woesrand then. Lekker.

Hi all...

Just a reminder that we will be doing a Retro ride from the shop on the 23rd of January. All welcome, should be a nice chilled ride. Refreshments afterwards...

Please let us know if you wish to join?

Guest notmyname

Not sure if this qualifies, but I'll be there:

I'm also concerned about my whip being suitable..

Not sure if this qualifies, but I'll be there:

Sorry Flippa, unfortunately that bike doesn't qualify but never mind, bring it along I will take it off you hands for a fiver!

Sorry Flippa, unfortunately that bike doesn't qualify but never mind, bring it along I will take it off you hands for a fiver!

:eek:  :w00t:  ^_^

Not likely, but thanks for the kind offer. This is my favourite component on the bike:

post-1186-0-44832900-1452270817_thumb.jpg

:eek:  :w00t:  ^_^

Not likely, but thanks for the kind offer. This is my favourite component on the bike:

Only joking, that is a very nice ride and I look forward seeing it in person!

Agreed those 3ttt bars were great. I rode with the darker ones for many years in the late 80's,

Hi guys!

Flippa, that will be a welcome and worthy riding partner on our ride! Please bring it and show it off!

We look forward to seeing (and meeting) everyone...and the chance to admire your rides!

Will post more details closer to the time...but should be fun!

Archived