[Event] Karoo To Coast

News bot

A quick question, are Electric Mountain bikes aloud on MTB race like the Karoo 2 Coast? If i'm not mistaking "and there some other riders that seen the same thing" that i guy on a E-bike with racing number pedaling pas  us on Simola Hill with like no hard pedaling work. :mellow: 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick question, are Electric Mountain bikes aloud on MTB race like the Karoo 2 Coast? If i'm not mistaking "and there some other riders that seen the same thing" that i guy on a E-bike with racing number pedaling pas us on Simola Hill with like no hard pedaling work. :mellow:

There was one at this year's Attakwas as well, not sure if if he did the long or short one, but he didn't compete for any prizes, it was someone with some sort of a disability, not exactly sure in what form but he was given the chance to live and ride a dream that many of us would like to do as well especially the long one which I am unable to train for because I work my longest hours and I am quite busy over December. Edited by BSG

There was one at this year's Attakwas as well, not sure if if he did the long or short one, but he didn't compete for any prizes, it was someone with some sort of a disability, not exactly sure in what form but he was given the chance to live and ride a dream that many of us would like to do as well especially the long one which I am unable to train for because I work my longest hours and I am on my busiest time over December.

Makes sense BSG. Guess it must be the same guy then. But damn!! He went pass us like we were looking for parking up that hill. Next time i will ask him for a lift!! 

I have assisted as sweeper / roving marshal on quite a few races. You get issued with a race number as you need to be counted, but you have specific duties to perform (assist with technicals, comms with commissar, etc.). An E-bike makes so much sense as you often play catch-up with riders after stopping to assist and then back markers decide to abandon the race.

Makes sense BSG. Guess it must be the same guy then. But damn!! He went pass us like we were looking for parking up that hill. Next time i will ask him for a lift!!

I live and work at Pine Creek, finishing spot of the Attakwas, guess the envy I had this year seeing this guy with his E-bike and I have to work on racing day at the finishing point.

I have assisted as sweeper / roving marshal on quite a few races. You get issued with a race number as you need to be counted, but you have specific duties to perform (assist with technicals, comms with commissar, etc.). An E-bike makes so much sense as you often play catch-up with riders after stopping to assist and then back markers decide to abandon the race.

Thanks for the info on it. :thumbup:  Actually good plan they have there. Mind playing that when you busy climbing that last hill and this mtb past you like that. 

Thanks for the info on it. [emoji106] Actually good plan they have there. Mind playing that when you busy climbing that last hill and this mtb past you like that.

Makes one even more gatvol nè! [emoji36]

Did that guy on the retro road bike finish finish? Respect for him. Everyone was like "what the hell" in A group when he pop in buy us. Seems the retro thing is coming back. 

Edited by Gerlach

Makes one even more gatvol nè! [emoji36]

JIP!!! i even switch my Garmin over to map just to check when that damn Simola hill climb finish!!  :wacko:

Edited by Gerlach

A quick question, are Electric Mountain bikes aloud on MTB race like the Karoo 2 Coast? If i'm not mistaking "and there some other riders that seen the same thing" that i guy on a E-bike with racing number pedaling pas  us on Simola Hill with like no hard pedaling work. :mellow:

Hyt verby ons gekom op ou wapad op. Hy het soeveel comments gekry dat ek dink hy die power opgedraai het net om weg te kom.

Als in als in lekker dag gewees. Het glad nie goed gevoel die oggend nie, wou sommer nie opdaag nie. Het begin en selfs op die eerste stukkie teerpad het my bene al begin pyn. Ekt dit net BAIE rustig gevat. Hier na die eerste 2h het my bene begin lewe kry.

My eerste jaar op my dually en al wat ek kan se die downhills was awesome, almal wat my teen die bulte uit getrap het het ek weer ingehaal teen die afdraende. Ekt my nutrition perfek gekry (iets wat ek altyd mee sukkel) en toe ons afdraai by kom se pad gryp ek n handvol jelly lekkers en begin daai goed toe hulle magic werk.

Daar kry ek lewe soos nog nooit tevore nie. Ekt nog nooit Simola van onder tot bo uitgetrap nie en vanjaar het ek my 130kg vetgat daar opgetrek dat ek seker is die ander het gedink ek het n E-bike. Buiten vir 2 ander ouens het niemand anders my teen die bult verby gegaan nie wat n prestasie op sy eie is. Daar was n oom (jaja hys oud) wat my ALTYD in races wen en ekt besluit vandag is die dag en ekt hom toe met oor die 10 minute gewen deur hom onder op simola te los.

Ekt so goed gevoel ek sou nog n end kon ry.

Sean you legend, weereens baie dankie! Ek skuld jou regtig nog 'n bier of 3. Dis mense soos jy wat die sport great maak ????????????????

Was dit jy? Bly om te sien jys n "fellow hubber" het jy darm jou sub 5 gekry?

Als in als in lekker dag gewees. Het glad nie goed gevoel die oggend nie, wou sommer nie opdaag nie. Het begin en selfs op die eerste stukkie teerpad het my bene al begin pyn. Ekt dit net BAIE rustig gevat. Hier na die eerste 2h het my bene begin lewe kry.

My eerste jaar op my dually en al wat ek kan se die downhills was awesome, almal wat my teen die bulte uit getrap het het ek weer ingehaal teen die afdraende. Ekt my nutrition perfek gekry (iets wat ek altyd mee sukkel) en toe ons afdraai by kom se pad gryp ek n handvol jelly lekkers en begin daai goed toe hulle magic werk.

Daar kry ek lewe soos nog nooit tevore nie. Ekt nog nooit Simola van onder tot bo uitgetrap nie en vanjaar het ek my 130kg vetgat daar opgetrek dat ek seker is die ander het gedink ek het n E-bike. Buiten vir 2 ander ouens het niemand anders my teen die bult verby gegaan nie wat n prestasie op sy eie is. Daar was n oom (jaja hys oud) wat my ALTYD in races wen en ekt besluit vandag is die dag en ekt hom toe met oor die 10 minute gewen deur hom onder op simola te los.

Ekt so goed gevoel ek sou nog n end kon ry.

So warm was die Tannie se bed!! :w00t:

Congrats - well done!!!

Wapad uitgery. Simola uitgery. Mission accomplished. 5:15. Daai pad was erg sleg op plekke. Moet dalk 'n DS kry. Ek's steeds nie seker of ek 'n Seuntjie of Dogtertjie is nie. Moet 'n seuntjie wees want ek loop rond met 'n hangb@ll@s soos 'n lokasie-vark. Lekker outing gewees vir ek en die vrou. Knysna heads toe gery, Victoria baai waar Ge Korsten se as gestrooi is. Robinson Pas oor vanaf Mosselbaai tot Oudshoorn. Moerse lekker breek gewees. Sonop Padstal is awesome. Well done aan almal. Dis 'n voorreg om die race te doen. Of dit nou fisies of finansieel is, dis 'n voorreg.