Two cyclists killed in KZN

Vetseun

Isetech , have you been called as a witness ??

You would surely be able to clear that point up for the prosecution .

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to that article he didn't see the impact because "he lost sight of them for a few seconds" and then they say, "While he initially said that the cyclists were both in the emergency lane, after being shown pictures of the scene by Pitman, he conceded that they were in the left hand lane."

Obviously I wasn't there, but to me, that sounds like his words getting twisted which will probably get this guy off.

I am sure I'm not the only one who has been hit by a car, but I sure didn't land up in the same lane I had been riding in, so to me saying pictures of the scene show them in the slow lane doesn't rule out the possibility they were hit in the emergency lane. Heck, when I was in a motorcycle accident, I landed up about two and a half lanes over in a lane heading the opposite direction.

Yeah agreed. I should rather have said that the witness ended up agreeing that the vehicle and bicycles were in the left lane after impact. To me it's clear they were hit in the yellow lane and the driver stopped in the left lane, but the lawyer is trying to angle it otherwise.

I had a similar situation where I was witness in a motorcycle accident. The lawyers for the motorcycle rider tried to twist my statement around to benefit their client. Luckily the other lawyers were wide awake, and explained to me what was happening, and I draw pictures again to clarify.

In this case the motorcycle hit the car so hard that the car spun around 180 degrees, as well as moved the car. They tried to imply that I lied on my statement with regards to the point of impact and speed of the bike and that it was not admissible as evidence. They also tried to BS the judge to state that the bike could not get to 160 km/h in the space of 600m from a traffic light. Unfortunately for them, I used to own a Fireblade, the exact same bike involved in the accident, and knew what the capabilities of the bike was. We proved that it was possible to reach the speed which I claimed on my statement by some trail runs at the scene.

As an eyewitness, you have to be so careful when asked questions, that your words do not get used against you without you knowing. You have to insist on your version, even if the circumstantial and after the fact evidence shows different.

Edited by Moridin

shyte i have just realised it wasnt just the gps...what was left of the bike was flying through the air...the gps is still attached to the bike in the photo :(

something else to note the bike in front of the vehicle is Jareds bike...the body in front of the vehicle is Richard...Richards bicycle is the one at the back of the vehicle in the orange line and Jareds body is on the right back of the vehicle...makes you think how the bicycles got to there if he his them in the left lane.

I had a look at the pic.  It looks as if Jareds body ( the one behind in the emergency lane) is partially "splattered".  If that is the case how do you drive over someone in the left hand lane and then over him again in the emergency lane?

This must be the most important pic of the accident it tells the whole story.

Zoom in and look at the angle of the wheels on the vehicle.

Look where Richards bike is...how far back and its location...about 20 m behind the vehicle in the orange line.

Look carefully in the yellow line and see all the bits and pieces...where do you see parts in the left lane other in the right lane clearly indicated the angle of impact...if they were hit in the left lane why are all the pieces in the yellow line and in the right lane?

The 2 yellow dots in the fast lane on the right of the pic is where the bottle hit the road for the first time...there is another pic from the bridge which will illustrate how far the bottle flew.

Put this pic on a big screen and tells the whole story

he mentions that something hit the windscreen before he hit the cyclist...maybe due to his blurred vision he didnt even see Jared when he hit him ...look at where jared bicycle is (in front of Richard) and Richards bicycle 20 m behind the vehicle...Jared body is behind the vehicle.

this pic gives you an idea of how fast he was going and how hard they were hit...the water bottle was travelling so fast that it was whistling when it came past me.

d73abadea23b3820470a19be68cbec2c.jpg

The drunk bastard deserves to go to jail.