Deliberate hit and run in Cradle - Help ID Culprit

Furbz

Sounds like the guy is a local and a repeat offender. Only a matter of time before someone works out who he is and/or where he lives. Maybe he's even the guy who used to put nails down in the cycle lanes . . .

Glad your dad is ok. Can't imagine what sort of life someone must lead for this to be a "highlight" of their day. Sounds like Mr "Middle-Aged, Fat and Angry" to me.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an incident a while ago with a bakkie jut like this in the cradle. Big khaki wearing bloke who came whooshing past so close I could have reached into the cab without stretching. Have no clue how I didn't get hit. This was open stretch with zero other traffic on the road in other direction. Threw up hands and got the bird flipped back. He drove too fast for me to catch the plate.

Don't know for sure if it's the same guy but very likely. Hope you get far with this case.

Did you report your incident ?

Hopefully with the help of this thread we can collect a few more complaints about this individual. The more evidence we have the stronger the case.

Hm. I don't know.

If you saw this guy slowing down and (I'm assuming) driving on the shoulder, how did your dad manage to collide with the back of the vehicle? You said that he slammed on the brakes, but how could you not tell this oke is up to something?

As always with these threads, the cyclist is the blameless and innocent victim, with the motorist the violent aggressor. Life isn't that black and white, unfortunately. 

Hm. I don't know.

If you saw this guy slowing down and (I'm assuming) driving on the shoulder, how did your dad manage to collide with the back of the vehicle? You said that he slammed on the brakes, but how could you not tell this oke is up to something?

As always with these threads, the cyclist is the blameless and innocent victim, with the motorist the violent aggressor. Life isn't that black and white, unfortunately.

What a load of bollocks. Like saying a woman with a short skirt is asking to be raped. Well she must have been right. After all, life isn't black and white.

A guy in a 79 takes on a pair of bicycles is pretty much wrong no matter what happened.

When (not if) you lay a charge they'll ask you if someone got hurt. It may help to have a doctor's report on the injuries.

It may be a good idea to see a doctor anyway.

There is a specific Medico legal form that.needs to be completed by the doctor - they may have or you can get get it at a police station - generally when you lay the charge they should give it to you to properly document the injuries - in addition take lots of photos of all the injuries if possible, print them.out and add them to both the case file and medical report.

Hm. I don't know.

What about stopping distances? If they guy just pulled across and stopped there is no choice but to hit him.

There is a specific Medico legal form that.needs to be completed by the doctor - they may have or you can get get it at a police station - generally when you lay the charge they should give it to you to properly document the injuries - in addition take lots of photos of all the injuries if possible, print them.out and add them to both the case file and medical report.

When I was hit by a car last August the police were completely uninterested in this form.

I went to the doctor, then went to the police station to get the form, went back to the doctor who filled out all 6 or 8 pages (or however long it was, I can't remember exactly) and when I took it back the police just told me to keep it and they would contact me if they thought they needed it. I insisted they take it and put it with the accident report and then I suddenly had to speak to two other people before somebody would take it (and I am pretty sure that she just dumped it after I left considering the attitude, but I have a scanned copy so I don't really care all that much)

This guy is most likely the same guy who used to throw thumb tacks in the cradle. His identity is known to WBro of Think Bike and having a description of his car will be easy to ID.

Just be sure to lay those charges if you find him

I feel we should all ride with some form of a GoPro these days, things are becoming increasingly dangerous. On my morning commute yesterday I was almost struck by 3 taxis and a Toyota Corolla. (thank goodness I was on the MTB so I could pavement hop)

At least if something happens you have solid evidence against the culprit. Lets start winning the little battles first so we can wage war on the inconsiderate drivers!

Hope your Dad heals up soon!

When I was hit by a car last August the police were completely uninterested in this form.

I went to the doctor, then went to the police station to get the form, went back to the doctor who filled out all 6 or 8 pages (or however long it was, I can't remember exactly) and when I took it back the police just told me to keep it and they would contact me if they thought they needed it. I insisted they take it and put it with the accident report and then I suddenly had to speak to two other people before somebody would take it (and I am pretty sure that she just dumped it after I left considering the attitude, but I have a scanned copy so I don't really care all that much)

Cop competence seems the issue... Prosecutor is the one to worry about - they will not move any charge forward without it if there are damages claims - and there is a short time limit on filling in the form too - overstep and they toss it - filled in a lot of them over the years - few land up being investigated or prosecuted properly I suspect - based on the number of times I have had calls from investigating officers (almost none - although I don't really think they need to call - damage should be well enough documented on the form)

The injury form filled in by doctor should not even be given to the patient after doctor fills it in. The form should be collected by investigating officer from doctor or hospital's legal department. It's basically evidence and some ppl might even tamper with it.