Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

I need a replacement belt for my Kickr 1. I phoned Wahoo this morning and apparently no stock of this with a ridiculously long waiting time as it is getting ordered from overseas i.e. 2-3 weeks.

Any chance of other stock of this item?

This extremely frustrating. No training for weeks it seems with a product that is supposedly up there when it comes to after sales service. I had only good service thus far from Wahoo but this is really not great.

Based in Cape Town.

Take the belt to your nearest BMG, let them get you one, I guarantee it to be 25% of the price, PM me the Length and pitch of teeth then I will get a Price for you.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the belt to your nearest BMG, let them get you one, I guarantee it to be 25% of the price, PM me the Length and pitch of teeth then I will get a Price for you.

Thanks @Dexter-morgan

GT 5M 170T 15

Seems it would be 5M Pitch, 170 teeth and 15mm wide.

I need a replacement belt for my Kickr 1. I phoned Wahoo this morning and apparently no stock of this with a ridiculously long waiting time as it is getting ordered from overseas i.e. 2-3 weeks.

Any chance of other stock of this item?

This extremely frustrating. No training for weeks it seems with a product that is supposedly up there when it comes to after sales service. I had only good service thus far from Wahoo but this is really not great.

Based in Cape Town.

https://bike-addict.co.za/products/wahoo-kickr-power-belt?utm_source=Click&utm_medium=Channel&utm_campaign=Google_ZA&ref=SFDR_307974544&variant=12542854135892&ptcid=21481_617_351570393&cmp_id=1707920149&adg_id=66734275855&kwd=&gclid=CjwKCAjwmq3kBRB_EiwAJkNDp4zvFnfo9l7cD6KR2cqz8HxG-fPZ9MuCmc4LY9skI3uSS9UfI9o1GxoCgUUQAvD_BwE

Edit: seems the belt is same as a car timing belt, may help you https://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13077326

If as described in the bikeradar thread, can get from RS https://za.rs-online.com/web/p/products/1755243/?grossPrice=Y&cm_mmc=ZA-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-PLA_ZA_EN_Pneumatics_And_Hydraulics_And_Power_Transmission-_-Power_Transmission_Belts%7CTiming_Belts-_-PRODUCT_GROUP&matchtype=&pla-391973076366&gclid=CjwKCAjwmq3kBRB_EiwAJkNDpxUjilfR_rwe3WtaBJJ8PUWCIErtuxEz-VoA3T9a5C2ms66WHbzYYhoCDPkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by shaper

The Kickr comes with a Gates carbon drive belt.  Will a standard automotive belt do the same job?  

The Kickr comes with a Gates carbon drive belt.  Will a standard automotive belt do the same job?  

I would think so, a Car's engine turns @ 3 - 5000 RPM for hours at a time and does much more than 200 - 300watts in a session transferring movement to the cam and other parts, I would estimate it would be better.

HELP!!

I want to put a Schwinn SS on a kickr, but the back triangle is too narrow to fit due to the width of the casette - is there a way to jury-rig the casette to remove sprockets to make it narrower?  After all, I only need a single sprocket at the back given the kickr is an ergo trainer?

I would think so, a Car's engine turns @ 3 - 5000 RPM for hours at a time and does much more than 200 - 300watts in a session transferring movement to the cam and other parts, I would estimate it would be better.

https://bike-addict.co.za/products/wahoo-kickr-power-belt?utm_source=Click&utm_medium=Channel&utm_campaign=Google_ZA&ref=SFDR_307974544&variant=12542854135892&ptcid=21481_617_351570393&cmp_id=1707920149&adg_id=66734275855&kwd=&gclid=CjwKCAjwmq3kBRB_EiwAJkNDp4zvFnfo9l7cD6KR2cqz8HxG-fPZ9MuCmc4LY9skI3uSS9UfI9o1GxoCgUUQAvD_BwE

Edit: seems the belt is same as a car timing belt, may help you https://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13077326

If as described in the bikeradar thread, can get from RS https://za.rs-online.com/web/p/products/1755243/?grossPrice=Y&cm_mmc=ZA-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-PLA_ZA_EN_Pneumatics_And_Hydraulics_And_Power_Transmission-_-Power_Transmission_Belts%7CTiming_Belts-_-PRODUCT_GROUP&matchtype=&pla-391973076366&gclid=CjwKCAjwmq3kBRB_EiwAJkNDpxUjilfR_rwe3WtaBJJ8PUWCIErtuxEz-VoA3T9a5C2ms66WHbzYYhoCDPkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks for the advice guys!

I contacted a company in Cape Town that specializes in belts. Bought a one for R110 for a test ride and used it for almost 2 weeks now with no issues at all. Compared to R2500!!!???

Also ordered another belt from the RSOnline link above which is apparently a good make just for in case.

Yes, I get the Gates belt is a good make that should last very long (mine lasted 2 years) but R2500 is extremely expensive and greatful not having to pay that to keep on training.

Love the Wahoo Kickr and with this being the only part that would probably need replacement, I'm happy to have found a way to do this at a fraction of the cost initially anticipated.  :clap: :thumbup:

I have put my road bike on the Kickr but I am running a 11s campy groupset.  It's currently working with the packaged 11s cassette.  Should I rather be looking at getting a campy freehub and cassette to minimise wear on my drivetrain?  

And if yes, where?

I contacted a company in Cape Town that specializes in belts. Bought a one for R110 for a test ride and used it for almost 2 weeks now with no issues at all. Compared to R2500!!!???

Also ordered another belt from the RSOnline link above which is apparently a good make just for in case.

Yes, I get the Gates belt is a good make that should last very long (mine lasted 2 years) but R2500 is extremely expensive and greatful not having to pay that to keep on training.

Love the Wahoo Kickr and with this being the only part that would probably need replacement, I'm happy to have found a way to do this at a fraction of the cost initially anticipated.  :clap: :thumbup:

But how fast can you change your belt if it snaps in a Zwift race? :ph34r:

At that price, if it's working well you might as well get a few spares.

Love the Wahoo Kickr and with this being the only part that would probably need replacement, I'm happy to have found a way to do this at a fraction of the cost initially anticipated. :clap: :thumbup:

Kickr 1 ; 2 ; 3:or 4?

Is the new belt less noisy that the original one?

Edited by Mongoose!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here running a Kickr with an NX Eagle cassette? Just looking for some setup advice 

I'm running a Kickr 3 with an XX1 Cassette- not sure if this helps but I'm sure it'll work.

When in doubt, contact @Christian van Zyl

PM me if you need help.

Hi guys,

Too much to read through, but I'm very interested in getting the CORE. But I've read many horror stories on other message boards and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MgromwkTOs&t=1s

and am now second guessing my choice. I dearly want to go Wahoo because of the local support (but Bicyclepower does that too). However, their trainer is noisy. 

Who has one? Does it work properly? How often must you replace ****? 

Hi guys,

Too much to read through, but I'm very interested in getting the CORE. But I've read many horror stories on other message boards and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MgromwkTOs&t=1s

and am now second guessing my choice. I dearly want to go Wahoo because of the local support (but Bicyclepower does that too). However, their trainer is noisy. 

Who has one? Does it work properly? How often must you replace ****? 

I now have a Gen 4 Kickr and love it (gave my gen 1 to a mate). Yes, there were issues with previous batches that were made and i was one of the who had theirs replaced 3 times. That being said you cannot fault the after-sales service of the guys at Ikhambi. Within a few days of me reporting my issue, I had a new unit and on one occasion they even came to my house to carry out a fix.

The Kickr 4 is much quieter than previous models. In fact, i am now looking at replacing the pulleys on my derailer as my drive train makes more noise than the Kickr does. IN my opinion you cant go wrong with the Kickr.

Morning

I am also the proud owner of a new kickr, what a difference to my old Giant mouse wheel !

Using Zwift on my iphone, can I project via cable to a monitor without any complications?