[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

looking at everyone's times here for the two races it sort of puts that wind at carnival in perspective. With equal weather 94.7 should be much tougherer. I would say, considering the difference in distance the times should be more or less equal, maybe even a bit longer for 94.7 due to them hills.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think you will learn much from me :-) But I have noticed that losing around 7kgs help a little especially on the hilly rides and races.. I would really like to get down to around 80 - 82kg... Getting seeded higher and starting in faster groups obviously helps also. Last year I started at 10h00 and was out in the heat of the day. This year I was done long before last years start time..

The Club also organize the weekend rides in a sort of "progressive overload" mould. Winter will be short easier routes at a lower pace and it will progressively get harder and further leading up to 94.7. So I guess if anything.. I trained smarter (given the limited training time I have)

yip, I'm also trying to still loose a few kilo's. Training lately is way off par, especially due to me kidney stone thingy. thankfully I go on leave next weak for 4 weeks and will put some serious rides in.

On lap 2, I saw this bike on the final drag up to the finish. They were standing on the side of the road (not sure why).

post-1372-0-22738400-1480511213_thumb.png

On lap 2, I saw this bike on the final drag up to the finish. They were standing on the side of the road (not sure why).

attachicon.gif69.PNG

Passed these guys training in the Cradle the Sunday before…  :blink:

Interesting to see the practical side of the advise regarding seeding and race distance selection. My seeding results show the effect of rather doing the shorter distance of a given race to avoid the pro's time.

Consider the seeding results shown in the picture attached.

Sattelite Classic:

Much less prepared.Started at the rear of the bunch and needed to do 5mins of intense effort to catch the lead bunch. I worked with two other riders to pull along the rest of the lead group in B batch for 60% of the 80km race. I felt I could have done a much quicker time if others in the group were willing and able to assist

947:

I did maybe 30 seconds in the front the whole race, the rest of the time I was in the red just trying to hang onto the batch I was in. In my mind I could not have gone any faster.

Yet despite the Beta of 947, the 80km Sattelite classic still gave the best seeding result, marginally so, but I would have expected a much better seeding for 947 because it felt like much more of an achievement to break 3hrs on that course.

Not complaining, just confirming the advise that was given to me previously.

EDIT: Sorry, cant get the text larger

post-27827-0-34488400-1480512651_thumb.png

Edited by Rookie85

attachicon.gif69.PNG

Passed these guys training in the Cradle the Sunday before…  :blink:

Also saw them in the Cradle.

Does the oke at the back pedal in reverse(so normal direction of you sitting the right way around)? Or have they modified it so he can pedal properly?

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

If you zoom in, you can see the chain going under his chainring. So he pedals normally

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

If you zoom in, you can see the chain going under his chainring. So he pedals normally

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Ok cool thanks I see that. So they essentially running what looks like to be a 1 by set-up.

Ok cool thanks I see that. So they essentially running what looks like to be a 1 by set-up.

They both pedal normally as in forward( the direction they looking in). All they did was use one long chain for the whole system and loop the chain under the stokers crankset instead of over it. Its a bit dodgy only having a few teeth meshing with the chain, hence the guide wheel on the frame but hey it worked.

• 1 month later...

Aquelle Tour Durban 2017 is ZAR350, with full road closure (and over a long weekend).

Looks like the ZAR350 is before midnight tonight. 

ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN Get your entry in early and take advantage of our early bird discounts. Early bird entries are valid until 1st Feb 2017.
Event

45km Fun Ride

55km Cyclocross

105km Classic Road Road

Early Bird

R175

R225

R350

Normal Entry Fee

R200

R250

R400