The Giro, my favourite tour of the year is only 2 weeks....

GrumpyOldGuy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile...

Very interesting:

The Tour de Suisse, in cooperation with Velon, will show individual riders’ data, such as heart rate, in real-time during the race.

From www.cyclingtips.com.au

I hope that teams start "messing with their power meters" so it either over reads or under reads, will be so funny having DS freaking out when Cav is sprinting with 500W or Froome climbing at 5w/kg :P

I hope that teams start "messing with their power meters" so it either over reads or under reads, will be so funny having DS freaking out when Cav is sprinting with 500W or Froome climbing at 5w/kg :P

DS Trolling, like it!

DS Trolling, like it!

They should do away with "Sign on" and have a "weigh in with rider and bike" That would be a laugh!! 

been a week since we watched Steven Kruijswijk cartwheel into that snow bank on the Colle dell’Agnello. I don’t know about you, but I’m still contemplating the ramifications of that nasty crash.

Sports pundits like myself often ponder what-if scenarios like the one from the 1998 Gwyneth Paltrow film “Sliding Doors.” C’mon, I know you’ve seen it.

In some alternative reality, Kruijswijk never crashes, and his bicycle never shoots into the air and kerthumps into the snow. Instead, Kruijswijk simply grabs a handful of brake, skids through that sketchy turn, and continues down the mountain, hot on the heels of Vincenzo Nibali and Esteban Chaves.

What does this world look like for Dutch cycling, for team LottoNL – Jumbo, and, most importantly, for Kruijswijk? I’ve drawn up a scenario below

READ MORE HERE

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/06/news/road/world-without-kruijswijks-giro-crash_408966