The Giro, my favourite tour of the year is only 2 weeks....

GrumpyOldGuy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be an important race for OGE'a Chavez.

He's been showing promise.

The best smile in the PRO peloton

Giro d’Italia 2016: Race overview

3,463.1km across 21 stages, May 6-Sunday May 29

Three time trials, seven flat stages, seven hilly stages, four mountain finishes

61.1km of individual time trial, no team time trial

Race starts with an individual time trial in Apeldoorn in the Netherlands and ends with a road race stage to Turin

The Giro d’Italia starts from outside of Italy for the 12th time its history

Interesting fact:

This year’s Giro d’Italia will no doubt help discover several new riders but will also be a farewell Grand Tour for Fabian Cancellara. The Trek-Segafredo rider has decided to add the Giro d’Italia to his programme to celebrate his Italian origins. It will be his 20th Grand Tour of his career but he has yet to finish the Giro d’Italia.

TrekSegafredo.com: What do you expect from the team?

Ryder Hesjedal: Clearly Giacomo is on a good way, winning twice in Croatia. I know he is very hungry for a win in the Giro. He did an incredible Giro last year to take the points jersey, but he didn't have the win. We were talking one day when training, that between the two of us we have probably 20 second places in Giro stages! Definitely to just win a stage there is incredible for any rider, and I have not done that except for the team time trial, so that would also be something that would be nice for myself.

http://www.treksegafredo.com/blog/qa-giro-preview-nizzolo-and-hesjedal

Hope Ryder can win it this year again.

Treksegafredo.com:  Can you say the Giro is your favorite race?

Ryder: For sure it has a special place in my heart. Winning it was, I guess, my masterpiece in cycling. I respected the Giro incredibly before I won, and I personally feel like it is the hardest race in the world. To say that I have won it, is something that makes me smile for sure. I feel that I have honored the race the best I can by going back every year since that. I give it everything for the Giro, and that's all I can do.

It's gonna be an important race for OGE'a Chavez.

He's been showing promise.

The best smile in the PRO peloton

without a doubt, but with caleb ewan there the team will have split responsibilities.

look forward to seeing how the amount of TT, mountain TT and late big mountains finds the winner.

Week 3 will warm me up hey

http://41.media.tumblr.com/6f84c7b717d0d2b5fa520b4472694cf3/tumblr_nvr7vmrkuJ1ropreyo1_1280.jpg

Week 3 will warm me up hey

http://41.media.tumblr.com/6f84c7b717d0d2b5fa520b4472694cf3/tumblr_nvr7vmrkuJ1ropreyo1_1280.jpg

Which stage is that?

Noooo man.

That trophy that Myles gave me, well its yours now :clap:

Thanks.

But which stage in week 3 will warm me up... All of them... [emoji12] - combined

Edited by geraldm24