Chris Willemse's Vintage Collection

A cool collection of 2-wheeled machines indeed, Oom Chris.

Condolenses to you on the death of your mom.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on man!!!

Oom Chris is sharing his passion here and you are worried about a box!

Bikes and client service should be his passions.

SELLING what is effectively trash should not feature in a thread like this - but if that's your business model - then you deserve some comment that the boss will see, and this is the perfect thread for Chris Snr to see it.

Chris - very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother - my condolences to you and your family.

post-1923-0-88039200-1465888480_thumb.jpg

This a very intrested track bike. Look at its double rear stay from the BB to the end of the stay.

If anybody can help me with the name of this frame it will be welcomed.

This a very intrested track bike. Look at its double rear stay from the BB to the end of the stay.

If anybody can help me with the name of this frame it will be welcomed.

Now we'll see the retro bike hounds' knowledge! I'll post a link there!

Chris, where do you keep these beauts?

Would be way cool if you could start some sort of "Vintage Corner" in your shop, for all to see and appreciate.

Would be way cool if you could start some sort of "Vintage Corner" in your shop, for all to see and appreciate.

'in a room armed by rottweilers fed on cabbage' is the correct answer to that question.

I'm enjoying this thread heaps, I also like the way that there is no possible idea how many uploads there are going to be - keep 'em coming Oom!

Hi Wannabee. They are all in the shop. I use to have them at the back but have now display them all on top of the cubicles. More coming. We have around 50 .

I had a Daccordi Mitico that used to belong to one of your competitors, Koning Jacobs. Was the chrome with blue trim version. Rode some of my best races with that bike.

Was silly enough to sell it.  :thumbdown:

can mod please delete these ranting comments to clean up this thread

Ironically, Chris himself was not as offended by the posts as some others, investigated and PMed me to put the story straight.

They charge R150 to disassemble and pack a bike properly in a box for travel, something I have paid in the past and would gladly have paid if I needed the service.

Someone in the shop misunderstood and asked R150 for an empty box. As I had gotten boxes from the main shop before I knew it was not Chris' policy.

By raising the matter in a place where CW was guaranteed to see it, he had an opportunity to ensure all of his staff understand this and the problem is solved. In retrospect, I should have sent him a PM, and have told him so.

post-1923-0-06859400-1465972812_thumb.jpg

This Lejeune is actually an Peugeot 531 road bike that will soon be restored in its original colours.

Fitted with campac. Take note already in the 70"s the cyclist were weight conscious.

The seat pillar was drilled full of holes , front blade removed and no front changer and lever.

I had a Daccordi Mitico that used to belong to one of your competitors, Koning Jacobs. Was the chrome with blue trim version. Rode some of my best races with that bike.

Was silly enough to sell it.  :thumbdown:

I have a 1989 Daccordi Mitico that I managed to snag. Built up as a resto-mod, with Campagnolo 10 speed. Awesome bike, not sure I'd ever part with it.....

Archived