'Dale

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anatomic do.

Or I'm sure PPA will have a stand at the 947 Expo this weekend, for their hi-viz tops.

We've got our Visi shirts for sale at our Anatomic stand at the Cycle Challenge Expo... we also do a rain shell, jammit and sun sleeves in Visi neon yellow  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Summer is here ....

Not dark when we commute ....

This does NOT mean drivers "see" us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO flashing lights on the front, including an 800 Lumen model .... driver looks me straight in the eyes, then turns in front of me and just turns her head away and looks in a different direction while I have to brake not to hit her car (she did not even look in the direction she was turning)

Do what you can to be visible, AND ride as if they still dont see you ....

Please stay safe out there

I know this has been discussed before. 

BUT: I have attached a bar end mirror to my roadbike last weekend. 

Nice small cateye one that fastens inside of your bar. What a difference. You know exactly what is coming when and where. 

I don't think Ill remove it anytime soon. And it does not look funny at all. My wife and I cycled for almost an hour before she noticed it....

And for the comfort and safety feature, I am willing to take a few strange looks. 

Nice small cateye one that fastens inside of your bar. What a difference. You know exactly what is coming when and where. 

I don't think Ill remove it anytime soon. And it does not look funny at all. My wife and I cycled for almost an hour before she noticed it....

And for the comfort and safety feature, I am willing to take a few strange looks. 

What does it look like? Piccies please.

Like most of you I always look at other cyclists (in my car or on my bike)to evaluate their visibility.

I agree, the yellow or any colour is not enough. At night the Reflective clothing - especially around moving ankles are great.

Flashing rear lights attract my attention the most from a distance.

I am mainly interested in making my daytime visibility better.

I see many riders with rear flashing lights during the day. However the light is hardly visible until on top of them : so just not bright enough.

The (900-1000 lumin) front lights some (mainly mtb) guys use are in my opinion over kill and just blinding to others.- controlling in front of your bike is not as problematic as knowing that cars from behind see you.

I have many little red lights collected over time and all basically only effective at night. Just got myself a 120 lumin rear and it's a bit better but still find one needs to keep the direct sun off it. Been thinking of making a collar around the outside edge to keep the sun off and the light in 'shade'

But does it all really help ? Perhaps the danger is mainly drivers who are distreacted, just aren't looking - on cell, pissed or plain morons who don't give a **** about cyclist.

Where did you buy this ?

and YES ... pictures PLEASE .....

The (900-1000 lumin) front lights some (mainly mtb) guys use are in my opinion over kill and just blinding to others.- ....

I have many little red lights collected over time and all basically only effective at night. ..... but still find one needs to keep the direct sun off it. .....

some food for thought !

Thank you.

I will move the rear light to sit under the carrier - thus out of the direct sun ....

I do agree on the front lights.  Mine points to the GROUND, about 10m ahead of my bike.  Thus NOT blinding oncoming traffic, yet you must be blind (on your cell ..) to not see the flashing light.

I have 1000 lumens infront on my road bike, and bontrager Flare R at the back with "normal" lights aswell. 

The Flare R is sold as a daytime light. It is very visible. Cateye also sells a nice daytime light. and it cost more or less the same. 

The ideal would be to have the cateye and flare together since the one is for longer distance awareness and the other closer awareness, so to speak. 

Also helps to not cycle like an inconsiderate ass hat.

Was in the car the other day on an narrow lane road, and the f***** on the bicycle decided he wanted to ride in the middle of the bloody lane instead of along the pavement like the other 3 cyclists in front of and behind him.

I agree, does help to be more visible so that cars can see us, but it probably helps more to jsut get the **** out of the way too, it's much harder to get ridden over when you not cycling in the middle of the damned road.

During daytime I believe a front flashing light to be effective in improving visibility, typically when you go straight at an intersection and there is oncoming traffic wanting to turn across your path. With a front light they think twice about taking a chance and turning in front of you.