[PLEASE APPLY] Visibility On The Road

'Dale

I probably sound like I work for these okes, but have a look at the rear lights on www.seesense.cc - I have the icon + and it is incredible for multiple applications

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably sound like I work for these okes, but have a look at the rear lights on www.seesense.cc - I have the icon + and it is incredible for multiple applications

Next time you come out bring several with you.

They sound like the bomb.

I will definitely take one off you.

Next time you come out bring several with you.

They sound like the bomb.

I will definitely take one off you.

You can get them from CRC, that's where I got mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the things i enjoy about our club kit...you cant miss it on the road...the only problem wearing it...you have to behave...stop at all the robots and stop streets...all round win wearing it ;)

Great.

All club kit should be designed accordingly.

So many I have seen as fashionista stealth.  :eek:

Mode Note:

Posts removed.

1. Some topics are allowed to morph and shift in the interest of the topic and general discussion. In this case calling people out serves no purpose to add value to the topic. 

Keep to the topic of visibility. Simple.

2. Personal attacks and insults are not acceptable.

i have just added some thin silver reflective tape to my spokes...places like the pedal shaft and seat post to the treksta...it will be interesting to see how effective it is tomorrow morning.

i might even put some on ol miss daisy because she is going out for a critical mass ride tonight in Durban. 

Came across this display at our head office this morning - flippin great idea. 

Tom 

As a result of this thread I no longer buy black kit (other than bibs).

My wind jacket is pright neon pink. My gloves are bright day glow orange.

Mrs SB is terrified that I am not visible enough, but she "caught" me out on a ride and said with those day glow gloves I am more visible than a car. Happy wife, happy life.

Eleven of us are planning our Jo'burg to Durban ride for Amashova 2017. We have decided to make two issues top of mind:

Firstly, we are supporting the incredible work done by Qhubeka to get kids onto bikes;

Secondly, we are committed to educating ourselves and raising awareness about the role that visibility plays in Cycling Safety.

We have a large following vehicle with a flashing orange light on the roof. We are planning to make a modified tail section on the trailer that will have some reflective and some flashing light options.

We now need to ensure that the cyclists themselves are visible. I really like the idea of reflective ankle straps and arm bands. Front and bike lights are an obvious requirement.

Any other suggestions?

3M reflective tape on leading edge of cranks.

Amongst all your lights, throw a blue flashing light in there.

Helmet reflection, heel reflection, 

Ankle bands are mandatory

One small band of reflective tape on the wheel rim - inside to outside of about 50mm.  Strobe effect works well.

Reflective patch on rear of glove - works well when you put your hand out to show your presence.

Small light on bike on lower seat tube facing forward - illuminates the moving rider and reflects off all the tape. 

No black (non reflective) colours.

Came across this display at our head office this morning - flippin great idea. 

Tom 

do you possibly know who sells this ?

do you possibly know who sells this ?

I think we might be. Have asked the techie responsible for an update, will try and see if I can get a sample to test.

Tom

One small band of reflective tape on the wheel rim - inside to outside of about 50mm.  Strobe effect works well.

Reflective patch on rear of glove - works well when you put your hand out to show your presence.

Small light on bike on lower seat tube facing forward - illuminates the moving rider and reflects off all the tape. 

Some great ideas there.

Misty conditions and you have to ride?   -   White at the back as it is seen from further away....illegal I know but self preservation is important.

Now that's a good idea. Without sounding anal, is a red light more/less effective for this? the reason I ask is I have plenty of cheapie red jobs that I could use, but v few white ones.....