Frosty

Event Name: Carnival City Macsteel National Classic
When: 6 November 2016
Where: Carnival City, Gauteng
Category: Road

Road distances:

• 125Km - Elite & U23, Junior, Vets 30-39, Vets 40-49 and Vets 50+ men
  • 103Km - All licensed ladies, U16 boys, Tandems and Open/Seeded
  • 65Km - U16 girls, U14 Boys & Girls, Paracyclists, Tandems, Open/Seeded and MTB specific

DISCOUNT - Take note of the procedure to enter both events.

Get a R40 discount if you enter the "Double" - any combination of Road (125Km | 103Km | 65Km) and MTB (60Km | 30Km) event.

You will need to enter both events at the same time, to qualify for the discount.

• Step 1: Follow the link to enter the ROAD event - you cannot enter the "Double" from the MTB link;
  • Step 2: Login using your Surname, Name and ID number - this is the usual login screen at Cycle Events;
  • Step 3: Select one of the three (3) road events (65Km | 103Km | 125Km);
  • Step 4: Select your category (Licensed age group | Tandems or Open/Seeded);
  • Step 5: Confirm your membership and licence with CyclingSA - check the boxes;
  • Step 6: Repeat the above process if you want to add other participants (the usual bulk entry process);
  • Step 7: Once you reach the merchandise phase, you will be able to add one of the MTB distances;
  • Step 8: At the checkout point, confirm that your entry has both ROAD and MTB - the discount will deduct from the MTB event.
  • Step 9: Checkout!

Go to Event Page

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how far is this?

See the details in the first post above... 

Road - 125Km, 103Km and 65Km

MTB - 60Km (the Race), 30Km (Fund ride), 12Km (Family friendly) & 6Km (kids U12 only)

Edited by geraldm24

Ridden a number of trails around Carnival , if planned right the MTB can include some single track, climbs and fast descents.

Ridden a number of trails around Carnival , if planned right the MTB can include some single track, climbs and fast descents.

Let's see - district road, single track, jeep track, limited tar, a few bumps and some fast sections giving about 400m of elevation gain on the 60Km event. Not bad for a bunch or roadies, hey?

For an area that is flat - 400m is a lot, but nothing that will hurt the race snakes. The average Joe might find the final few Km's a little harder than expected.

We've ridden a number of tracks in the area - in both directions, and we think we may have found suitable routes that keep the 30Km and 60Km apart for the majority of the ride.

Now we need to work on the "vreet" points - looks like my single bottle on the 60Km ride won't cut it, or will it?

Let's see - district road, single track, jeep track, limited tar, a few bumps and some fast sections giving about 400m of elevation gain on the 60Km event. Not bad for a bunch or roadies, hey?

For an area that is flat - 400m is a lot, but nothing that will hurt the race snakes. The average Joe might find the final few Km's a little harder than expected.

We've ridden a number of tracks in the area - in both directions, and we think we may have found suitable routes that keep the 30Km and 60Km apart for the majority of the ride.

Now we need to work on the "vreet" points - looks like my single bottle on the 60Km ride won't cut it, or will it?

Say after me: "Caaammeeelbaack". It really is acceptable in a MTB race.