Liggett & Sherwin

Grogs

They just need to be updated, eg. a recently retired pro and a younger other guy who does not make so many mistakes with names and things.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the misfortune to listen to them commentate yesterday and find them highly annoying.

Eurosports commentary is far superior and believe me they can sprout their fair share of crap when needed.

If you compare the commentary to "How The Race Was Won" by Casto Catalno, you will realise just how bad these two old farts are.

He points out subtle things that make the racing so much more interesting, cross winds, rider positioning, feeding, which riders are riding on the front, positioning in sprints and strategies on the climbs.

Everyone can see the pain on the riders faces and gets amped up by the cheers of the crowd, its the details that make it so amazing.

All these old farts do is look at the current speed of the break and the peleton and then state the obvious, "The break is pulling away as they are going almost double the peletons speed" the fact that the peleton is not finished climbing the completely miss.

cosmo clearly spends hours putting his vids together, but they are without a doubt the best viewpoint in a race after the fact.

He really needs a gig as a commentator

They are great , getting a little tired of Sherwins same comments every year . I am enjoying Matt Keenan and Robbie McEwans commentary more 

I Disagree!! The Australian accent's are awful and McEwan can't stop talking about himself.

I think Matt Keenan is brilliant and has been for years. I think Robbie McEwan is a welcome addition and there are some good banter coming from him. He does focus a lot on his own experiences but I think that is the point to an extends. So more up to date insiders views.

Paul Sherwan's Fun Fact for the Day: I don't know if anybody knows this but before Chris Froome raced the Tour he represented Kenya at the Commonwealth Games, in Mountain Biking

I am just surprised that Phil Ligget hasn't mentioned Lance as yet. 

Edited by philip.maree

Sean Kelly and Carlton Kirby for the win!

Knowledge and passion...

Love the twins, but it's now time to hang it up.

Was strange to me how he yesterday talked around Louis, being the only Lampre Merida rider in the group. He mentioned everyone, except Louis, even when the camera was trained on him.

I bombarded Phil, Paul and Matt on Twitter about ignoring the Maincheese.

What was worse was the reply from Paul... same drivel that comes out his mouth. Hard to identify the riders at the speeds they are riding at - 14 guys going up the climb.

My daughter asks me why I turn the sound down when PnP start talking. At 6 years old, even she can tell the difference between the Matt/Robbie and PnP.

Sure I heard a comment about "Ritchie Froome" yesterday from Phil. :wacko:

Won't be the last time either..

They do it all the time [emoji53]

Won't be the last time either..

They do it all the time [emoji53]

Yesterday, when Phil asked Paul 'Where were you when XYZ happened?' in a past race.

To which Paul replied 'Sitting next to you'.

Yesterday, when Phil asked Paul 'Where were you when XYZ happened?' in a past race.

To which Paul replied 'Sitting next to you'.

[emoji23] [emoji23]

Ok opinion revision, Phil shouldn't be allowed to commentate a sprint finish or attacks on the mountains. 

If it's happening faster than a guy letting go of a 'sticky bottle' then it's too quick for Phil to keep up or have a clue.

The only time I enjoy Phil and Paul is when they bring in "The Jensie" . Anybody hear him call Quintana "Eagle eye Cherry" LOL