Polar V650 vs Garmin 520

Brian Campbell

Good day all,

I am Riding the Sani2C Next Year and need to buy an Bike GPS. I looked at the Polar V650 and the Garmin 520.

Apart from the Garmin advance wireless upload / Download and Price R7599 for being Lazy to plug inn an USB cable (Sorry no offence) and the Polar Battery Live only claims 10hrs, the Polar V650 seems to be my call.

Local Prises are topping the R4759 for the Polar V650, some one mentioned he Bought same for R3200. 

Please help me with info regarding a good price ?

attachicon.gifcompare_product1=83990&product.pdf

attachicon.gifGarmin fitness_products_gps_bike_computers.pdf

attachicon.gifprod_detail_fitness.pdf

Hi, I bought a V650 a few months back and was disappointed in what I got. Some of the major downfalls are the following: 

1. Can follow GPX routes which was preloaded. Can only navigate back to start via waypoints

2. Flow sync method of downloading data to 3rd party apps like strava took forever and is frustrating

3. No link to iphone to show notifications while riding

4. No live tracking using the unit

5. No direct strava link for live segments

6. No competitor function/ shadow function

However the nice part was the big screen and quite long battery life. So if that was just my experience with it which I sold in last week. Going to either buy the Edge 25 or save up for the Edge 520.