Scammed! Warning don't get caught like me: Lifestyle Legal,Loan Finder, Loan Spotter, Loan Scout

Bike Lore

My story is the same as most of the victims from Lifestyle Legal: Last year December I went online to compare loans. Their google advert lead me to believe they will provide quotes(Same as Hippo.co.za). So I clicked on the advert and went to their site. I Applied online with no cost indicated on the page. I did not read the T&C, Big Mistake!!! I got an email with an application forum which was too much hassle to complete so I did not. A few months later I noticed they were deducting money from my bank account. I contacted them and realised what was going on. I did not sign any debit order but yet they got enough information to request a debit order. I went to the bank and reversed the last few months.

Later I started getting email letters of demands. They threatened to blacklist me. Well, Lifestyle Legal Go to hell! I would rather be blacklisted than pay you. 

So now every time they contact me I go on google and search for their adverts. My google Adwords keyword planner shows that their adverts will cost on average R30, between R10-R100 for each click.

I use the keywords "Loans Africa, Loans bad, Loans blacklist"  Join me and click on their adverts as well. Make sure you click on the green flag result. 

There is a facebook group against Lifestyle Group (Damien Malander)   Join “Action A

post-7142-0-20056300-1469799186_thumb.jpg

here is an incomplete  list of all the sites that is owned by Lifestyle Legal

www.loanfindersa.co.za

www.loanspottersa.co.za

www.loanlocatorsa.co.za

www.loanmatchsa.co.za

www.loanscoutsa.co.za

www.loanhuntersa.co.za

www.ltracersa.co.za

www.loanpickersa.co.za

www.loanchoice.co.za

www.LoanQuest.co.za

www.LoanConnector.co.za

www.LoanTracer.co.za

www.LoanHub.co.za

www.ldsa.co.za

Edited by Hannes Zietsman

hate this sort of shark!

FYI - google adwords will work out that you're trying to just hit a competitor(or enemy's) site for no reason and stop charging.

hate this sort of shark!

FYI - google adwords will work out that you're trying to just hit a competitor(or enemy's) site for no reason and stop charging.

sure. They will if it was just me from one PC. Not if I use all 7 PC i can team view into and use 3 different browsers once every 3 -5 days.  That is why I encourage everyone to do it when they get time. 

R30x 5 clicks x 10 people = R1500 wasted. do that 3 times a month and it counts up fast. 

Most people have a phone that can browse and a PC. So the more people that does this the more it will cut into their Adwords budget. 

Edited by Hannes Zietsman

So what do the T&C's say about the debit order? Surely they cannot deduct money from your account with out written consent including your signature?

How did they get your bank details ?

Hehe take no prisoners

Friday evening don't bother with popcorn

How did they get your bank details ? 

I stupidly typed it in on the application forum. I retrospect I should have scrolled down to the t&C and searched the 10-page document to find the section about costing. That is how their role. They know people don't do that

I stupidly typed it in on the application forum. I retrospect I should have scrolled down to the t&C and searched the 10-page document to find the section about costing. That is how their role. They know people don't do that

Palm meets face.

giphy.gif

Never EVER everEVER EVER EVER put your banking details on a website that is not your own bank. Ever. ever.

BUT, we are human, and if humans did not make mistakes, the scamming industry would not exist.

On a sidenote:

I got a call yesterday by "Telkom" or some "anti-telemarketing agency" that is "aware of all the nuisance calls I've been getting lately". It's smarter than 'ye old Microsft Technicians trick. They know we are irritated their calls, and they use this  annoyance to their advantage: by claiming to stop the telemarketing by simply asking for your "VISA" details.

Some people...

Edited by Koei

Palm meets face.

giphy.gif

Never EVER everEVER EVER EVER put your banking details on a website that is not your own bank. Ever. ever.

BUT, we are human, and if humans did not make mistakes, the scamming industry would not exist.

On a sidenote:

I got a call yesterday by "Telkom" or some "anti-telemarketing agency" that is "aware of all the nuisance calls I've been getting lately". It's smarter than 'ye old Microsft Technicians trick. They know we are irritated their calls, and they use this annoyance to their advantage: by claiming to stop the telemarketing by simply asking for your "VISA" details.

Some people...

Then you have never bought anything on the internet?

I am sure internet shopping uses a secure (hopefully) page to fill in your bank details?

Credit card, but never bank account.

But most things these days are initiated online and if it's a debit order based product, ie insurance or subscription based etc then you will give them your bank account details... online.

The op got scammed good and proper, these are sly tricky bastards, they doing that whole "skirt the very edge of the law" thing and then make it as hard as possible to contact them/cancel etc.

Granted the op obviously wasn't applying his mind very diligently when he got tangled with this crew!

Edited by Skylark

• 2 years later...