Motorcyclist knocked down - Twelve Apostles

Pure Savage

Heard on the radio this morning and on twitter that a motorcyclist was knocked down at Twelve Apostles on the coast road. 

Strength to the lost ones family and friends.

Some confusion if it was a bike or motorbike. Pretty much confirmed it was a fatality. Tragic. Again. 

This is my regular morning route...

Oddly enough this morning I decided to loop around Camps Bay instead and avoid the pitch black of that stretch - always feel a bit uneasy riding there in winter.

Terribly sad!

Terrible! I went through there just after 8am.Happened on the sharp corner on the Llandudno side just past  the Oude Kraal gate.Looked like  the Conquest was going towards Houtbay  and crashed on the corner.I didn't see a bike or motorbike.RIP to the victim and strenght to the family. This is very scary with the hundreds of cyclists using that route.Just no way of getting away from all the traffic,even the back streets are busy at that time of the morning

Strength to the family.

I was just told by a colleague that drives in from Hout Bay.

I use that route weekly for training and fun rides. 

People drive super recklessly on that road treating it like a race course. 

I have seen the result of people losing control on those corners, be careful people! 

was a motorcycle not a cyclist

just as tragic a fatality though :(

Its a horrible loss regardless. Just a tad closer to home, as had friends training on the route this morning. 

When people look back on these accidents and think, what was so important rushing for? Will haunt everyone involved forever.

2 minutes added on your journey is not going to change the world, who really cares if you get to work on time, its work, people try be there for as little as possible as it is.

Condolences to his loved ones. Rode that section yesterday. Lots of cyclists on the road. Until the reckless drivers are severely punished, this will continue. Our cycling bodies who have lots on funds need to take serious action against the perpetrators. Protest rides have not brought any improvement.

Found this on the Arrive Alive feed. Rider hit yesterday and in serious condition, so soon after

Randall Februarie :-(

Kinetic Cycling Club member Alroy Davey was hit by a Double Cab bakkie on Klipheuwel road near Durbanville.He went on a training ride to Malmesbury yesterday at 12:00.He is now in Cape gate hospital with serious injuries. Broken Pelvis and ribs and back injuries.He had his first operation today and more to follow.The driver of the vehicle left the scene.Body Parts of the bakkie was still on the scene.Come lets see if we can trace this vehicle.(White Double cab with a missing fender)Please share this post.Please keep the Davey family in your prayers for a speedy recovery.

Found this on the Arrive Alive feed. Rider hit yesterday and in serious condition, so soon after

Randall Februarie :-(

Kinetic Cycling Club member Alroy Davey was hit by a Double Cab bakkie on Klipheuwel road near Durbanville.He went on a training ride to Malmesbury yesterday at 12:00.He is now in Cape gate hospital with serious injuries. Broken Pelvis and ribs and back injuries.He had his first operation today and more to follow.The driver of the vehicle left the scene.Body Parts of the bakkie was still on the scene.Come lets see if we can trace this vehicle.(White Double cab with a missing fender)Please share this post.Please keep the Davey family in your prayers for a speedy recovery.

There is a thread on it here ...

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/162122-and-another-hit-run/

Please change the heading

Gives me the butterflies every time it catches my eye ????

that's bloody excellent

well done that man :thumbup:

He should have taken them for a swim at Llandudno to freshen them up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived