• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe

More seriaaasly

What is it with these pissed 50 year olds

Are these the Elders for the young ones

It's cause you youngsters drop us in the neutral zone all the time despite our power numbers and stuff demmit  :devil:

3 sides to every story, as ever......

Residents vs cyclists, especially as 947 approaches? 

I rode in the Cradle yesterday, which I don't normally do at this time of year, and it's a circus that would test anyone's patience......

I rode through there on Saturday and its terrible. Riders 4-5 abreast, u-turns without looking, swerving, the normal stuff.

I ride with the Lab sometimes, but I have stopped riding in these club rides, as it seems that once you have more than 5 cyclists in a group, we seem to grow some sort of entitlement complex, and I can see how those massive groups must be a real pain for any other road user, including other cyclists. Dear all people who ride in club rides: Riding in a large group doesnt absolve you of taking resposibility to ride like a normal human being, you are still accountable for your own actions, so dont ride like a chop. ( I hope that knob who was on the wrong side of the road coming over the Lion Park bridge reads this)

Look, its 947 time, and that means that there will be more cyclists (golfers) coming out of the woodwork. This means those of us that are aware, should be even more aware and vigilant about the locals, just as they need to understand that 947 is their silly season.

- Be considerate.

- Ride 2 abreast INSIDE the yellow line.

- Thank drivers who show some patience.

- If you stop, move off of the road.

- Slow down for the traffic circles.

- Don’t simply turn into Bidon/SomethingCountry without looking first.

- And for god sake, don’t stop in the cycling lane to look at the tigers.

Cyclist and Cradle residents need to show some mutual respect to each other, and this can only happen if WE start behaving.

Edited by Patchelicious

I want to know what consulting is to be done :P

What worries me, is that it seems the guy that is wanting to do the consulting was invloved in some way in the hit n run there a while back.

What worries me, is that it seems the guy that is wanting to do the consulting was invloved in some way in the hit n run there a while back.

Worrying, not surprising...

I rode through there on Saturday and its terrible. Riders 4-5 abreast, u-turns without looking, swerving, the normal stuff.

I ride with the Lab sometimes, but I have stopped riding in these club rides, as it seems that once you have more than 5 cyclists in a group, we seem to grow some sort of entitlement complex, and I can see how those massive groups must be a real pain for any other road user, including other cyclists. Dear all people who ride in club rides: Riding in a large group doesnt absolve you of taking resposibility to ride like a normal human being, you are still accountable for your own actions, so dont ride like a chop. ( I hope that knob who was on the wrong side of the road coming over the Lion Park bridge reads this)

Look, its 947 time, and that means that there will be more cyclists (golfers) coming out of the woodwork. This means those of us that are aware, should be even more aware and vigilant about the locals, just as they need to understand that 947 is their silly season.

- Be considerate.

- Ride 2 a beast INSIDE the yellow line.

- Thank drivers who show some patience.

- If you stop, move off of the road.

- Slow down for the traffic circles.

- Don't wait for your mates within traffic circles.

- Don't park your bike on the kerb stone within traffic circles, and expect it not to fall into the path of a fellow cyclist.

- If you overtake a fellow cyclist, try not cut in too early and tap their front wheel.

- Don’t simply turn into Bidon/SomethingCountry without looking first.

- And for god sake, don’t stop in the cycling lane to look at the tigers.

Cyclist and Cradle residents need to show some mutual respect to each other, and this can only happen if WE start behaving.

Patch for Cradle Riders' President!

My $0.02 added above.

What worries me, is that it seems the guy that is wanting to do the consulting was involved in some way in the hit n run there a while back.

Birds of a feather......................

Where there is smoke............

3 sides to every story, as ever......

Residents vs cyclists, especially as 947 approaches? 

I rode in the Cradle yesterday, which I don't normally do at this time of year, and it's a circus that would test anyone's patience......

With a top like that he would fit right in there.

I am this guy

I AM PAM
:whistling: :ph34r:

EDIT AND APOLOGIES

With all the incidents over such a short period I typed the above thinking I was on another thread, I only realized I posted the above inappropriate chirp for this thread when I received a pm

Apologies,

Edited by DIPSLICK

He took on an easy target.Show some balls-   take on a taxi driver and get your ass kicked or shot

Are you suggesting he got up in the morning and thought, "I want to brawl, let me go find an easy target on my bike." 

Who remembers the story of the cyclists that attacked a "grandpa" and women a few years ago that hit the papers.  Big reaction from the public.  Turned out a few days later that the Oupa and woman were the ones swinging the fists first.  Just wondering.

Edited by Bateleur1