Cradle Incident: Know this cyclist?

Mojoman

You forgot to include that he was handed 2 years house arrest.

Got to love the comments...

There is lots of love in the comments. :eek:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huis Arres is actually Korrektiewe Toesig which  is "Correctional supervision" in engels. He must be at various addresses only and at home between certain times - the terms are flexible i.e probably determined by the officer in charge. Guy needs some anger management therapy. What a tjop. 

Huis Arres is actually Korrektiewe Toesig which  is "Correctional supervision" in engels. He must be at various addresses only and at home between certain times - the terms are flexible i.e probably determined by the officer in charge. Guy needs some anger management therapy. What a tjop. 

probably  lost his job, if he was employed?

My taal is not great, but I thought he ALSO got 2 years house arrest?  If that is the case, pretty tough - hopefully these aggro asshats think twice in future

Erm.....no...you didn't  :whistling:

Read the article again - what about the 2 years house arrest?

You forgot to include that he was handed 2 years house arrest.

Got to love the comments...

guys... either my eyes are huge liars and taking me for a ride, or the screen captured article says nothing about house arrest- I've checked several times and still don't see it!

Are you all referring to some other article?

no ways! just found it in the 2nd paragraph. Totally disregarded it because it didn't follow a consistent writing structure. eh, my apologies for that one.

Edited by Dirkitect

probably lost his job, if he was employed?

During house arrest you are still allowed to go to work, church, shopping etc. But with a strict curfew.

Ok guys and gals, here is the full story. He was sentenced on the 8th May as follows by magistrate Kahn in the Krugersdorp Magistrates Court:

1. Charge 1 Assault with the intent to do GBH: 2 years house arrest with correctional supervision,Community service of 20 hours per month for 1 year
  2. Charge 2 Assault with the intent to do GBH: 18 months in prison suspended
  3. Charge 3 Common assault: cautioned 

*GBH= Grievous bodily harm

Effectively, Leeuw will spend his time the next 2 years in between his home and  facilities which the DOCS determine where he shall serve the community service. This includes facilities where abused women and children are housed and it will be determined in correlation between DOCS and his social worker. He is self employed: construction work/civil engineering and therefore he will need special permission to leave his home which serves as his office. His wife is divorcing him, so he is tied up in that as well. The same attorney, Mr. Moody that represented him in the criminal case, represents him in the divorce matter.

The magistrate made it very clear that this collective type of assault should , as a first offender, be seen by the community as very serious, hence his verdict returning him to the community for execution of sentence and justice to be seen to be done. The magistrate said that, if he sends him to prison, he will become a "sacrificial lamb".

He will in all likelihood not be seen on a bike very soon, let alone assault a woman or anybody for that matter.

His defence was basically grounded on self defence, stating that the woman was the aggressor. The magistrate found that he hit the woman "multiple times with the fist in the face."

No evidence was lead in aggravation regarding a suspected and apparent tendency to act violent, but at 50-someting, het sits with a criminal record relating to assault.

Steven Leeuw has reached the end of the road where people tolerate his violence.

I pity him as a fellow cyclist and human being.

I hope he sorts out his aggression and wish him well for the future.

Case closed.

Edited by fourbar