94.7 start times

SP777

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is usually a list that they put up / send out with all the batch start times. Guessing 3-5 minutes between batches.

For last year (2015), the "Charity Bond" groups started 8:40 - 9: 15. The unseeded groups were 9:40 - 10:28.

Full start list for last year:

$		Elite and U23 Male		5:30
#, !		Tandems, Hand Cycle 		5:35
VA		Vets 30 - 34 Male 		5:40
VB		Vets 35 - 39 Male 		5:44
VC		Vets 40 - 44 Male		5:48
VD		Vets 45 - 49 Male 		5:52
VE		Vets 50 - 54 Male		5:56
%		Elite Female			6:03
VF, VG, &, +	Vets 55-59, 60+, Juniors, 
		Juveniles Male			6:11
DL		CANSA Dbl Loop 			6:15
WA, WB, WC, @, * Vets 30 - 39,  40 - 49, 50+, 
		Juniors, Juveniles Female	6:19
A 		Seeded 				6:29
B 		Seeded 				6:33
C 		Seeded 				6:37
D 		Seeded 				6:41
E 		Seeded 				6:45
F 		Seeded 				6:50
G 		Seeded 				6:55
H 		Seeded 				7:00
I		Seeded 				7:05	
J 		Seeded 				7:10
K 		Seeded 				7:15
L 		Seeded 				7:20
M 		Seeded 				7:25
N 		Seeded 				7:30
P 		Seeded 				7:35
Q 		Seeded 				7:40
R, RP		Seeded, Paracyclists		7:45
S 		Peloton				7:51
TA / B		Social Tandems 			7:56
W 		Corporate Bonds			8:01
X 		Corporate Bonds 		8:06
Y 		Seeded				8:11
Z 		Seeded				8:17
AA		Seeded				8:23
BB		Seeded				8:29
CC		Seeded				8:35
DD		Charity Bond			8:43
EE		Charity Bond			8:51
FF		Charity Bond			8:59
GG		Charity Bond			9:07
HH		Charity Bond			9:15
II		Seeded				9:21
JJ		Seeded				9:27
KK		Seeded				9:34
LL		Open				9:40
MM		Open				9:46
NN		Open				9:52
PP		Open				9:58
QQ		Open				10:04
RR		Open 				10:10
SS		Open 				10.16
UU		Open 				10:22
WW		Open 				10:28

My start time is going to be sooo late with the lack of [racetec timed] races in the WC. So many penalties.

I'll just go there and enjoy my first race in Jozi. :whistling:

My start time is going to be sooo late with the lack of [racetec timed] races in the WC. So many penalties.

I'll just go there and enjoy my first race in Jozi. :whistling:

lack of racetec timed events in WC ??? Seriously doubt that and its better than KZN which only has 2 "Racetec" events a year.

You can check your seeding http://www.pedalpower.org.za/seeding/

I've got a seeding of 27.89, any idea where abouts I would fit in within the alphabet soup? 

I started in BL at R4V with a rating of around 30, but we only had groups up to GL, thus 2nd group out of 7 groups

947 had 32 seeded groups in 2015, so if the same ratio applies I should be somewhere around group "H", :I", "J"?

I've got a seeding of 27.89, any idea where abouts I would fit in within the alphabet soup? 

I started in BL at R4V with a rating of around 30, but we only had groups up to GL, thus 2nd group out of 7 groups

947 had 32 seeded groups in 2015, so if the same ratio applies I should be somewhere around group "H", :I", "J"?

No idea!!

But how long is a piece of string??? as will be dependent on who enters, what their seeding index is and whether they are better or worse than you and group size etc

No idea!!

But how long is a piece of string??? as will be dependent on who enters, what their seeding index is and whether they are better or worse than you and group size etc

Cool, so knowing your seeding index tells you nothing about where you will start in a race, got it  :thumbup: . You simply have to wait for the email/sms to see your race number. 

lack of racetec timed events in WC ??? Seriously doubt that and its better than KZN which only has 2 "Racetec" events a year.

I should have chosen 'decrease' then, lol. WC is not what it used to be. But we're still better than some parts of the country. And these different timing companies are also adding stress to this whole thing. I have two chips on my fork already... imagine if I were to move to Jhb  :eek:  :wacko:

Hoping this years sub 3 CTCT helps to start in Racing vets :blush:

Last year there were non-licensed riders in VC. Their seeding was good enough to place them in the group based on age.

Last year there were non-licensed riders in VC. Their seeding was good enough to place them in the group based on age.

price of a "racing licence" is getting expensive ja, with not really something in return for it :ph34r:

price of a "racing licence" is getting expensive ja, with not really something in return for it :ph34r:

I first licensed in 2008 and IIRC the price has been the same every year... R350.

As for value for money - would be nice to see an annual race/frame number issued.

Archived