Are you an ass? confessions!

JA-Q001

So, seeing as road cyclists are always in the wrong on the road re road rules, I found that most MTBers are very hypocritical.

Today after the Nissan race near roodeplaat, there was a big traffic jam going back to PTA. What I found most interesting was how everyone suddenly probably had to rush back, maybe for a Rugby game on TV or something.

Suddenly the yellow lane becomes a secondary lane, people getting sworn at and hooted at for not letting the people in yellow have their "right" of way.

Seriously, I got sworn at by one of the 'faith wheels' lorries, because he could not pass me on my left. I googled the company and called his manager informing him that his driver is abusive and reckless.

I mean, if you seriously wanted to turn left, at least just indicate it, but you have no more right than the guy in the queue, to shoot past on the left, turning right out of a left lane or pushing in when you get to the front.

If this is how mtbers drive, then as a roady, I feel its safer for everyone if you do not cycle on the road.

So confess, are you an idiot hypocrite?

EDIT - I put some punctuation into the title.

Edited by JA-Q001

HI, I will confess to driving in the oncoming lane at the event with my lights flashing and hazards on, and if you ere the guy with the x-trail sorry for turning with you into Maloto road. I also did drive in the yellow lane. Again sorry but is was a real medical emergency my wife had a patient in active labour

Couldn't agree more with the OP, but it goes for MTB and roadies.

I cycled to the last road race I did (on my MTB). Was on the dirt next to the road, with a flashing light at the back. Almost taken out by several cars with hazards on hooting and racing past next to the road, because they are late for their start groups...

Agree, but atleast roadies admit we dont follw the rules ;-)

But I agree, people at races sould not be pricks.

Oldtmr, atleast you immediately came on here to apologise, you had a valid ecxuse and tried to indicate it.

Couldn't agree more with the OP, but it goes for MTB and roadies.

I cycled to the last road race I did (on my MTB). Was on the dirt next to the road, with a flashing light at the back. Almost taken out by several cars with hazards on hooting and racing past next to the road, because they are late for their start groups...

Agreed if you got up late and are going to miss your start group, sorry for that don't be a knob head life goes on and there is next year. But lets be honest with each other nothing we say will change the mindset of some people.

Agreed if you got up late and are going to miss your start group, sorry for that don't be a knob head life goes on and there is next year. But lets be honest with each other nothing we say will change the mindset of some people.

Couldn't agree more

When s cyclist gets into a car, dirty muddy or with white lycra, he/she becomes a motorist

Doesn't really matter hey

Once in the cage, everything changes according to the rules of the road

#speedkills ????

Just on the topic of traffic, but how stupid was the traffic leaving the venue?

I understand security and all but how does it make sense to stop evry car leaving the venue to check for key in the ignition? Damn man.

Logic says a guy leaving the venue, waiting in line patiently with bikes on the back of the car, has statistically not stolen the car.

Varkit.

So, seeing as road cyclists are always in the wrong on the road re road rules, I found that most MTBers are very hypocritical.

Today after the Nissan race near roodeplaat, there was a big traffic jam going back to PTA. What I found most interesting was how everyone suddenly probably had to rush back, maybe for a Rugby game on TV or something.

Suddenly the yellow lane becomes a secondary lane, people getting sworn at and hooted at for not letting the people in yellow have their "right" of way.

Seriously, I got sworn at by one of the 'faith wheels' lorries, because he could not pass me on my left. I googled the company and called his manager informing him that his driver is abusive and reckless.

I mean, if you seriously wanted to turn left, at least just indicate it, but you have no more right than the guy in the queue, to shoot past on the left, turning right out of a left lane or pushing in when you get to the front.

If this is how mtbers drive, then as a roady, I feel its safer for everyone if you do not cycle on the road.

So confess, are you an idiot hypocrite?

ENTITLEMENT - a truly South African disease!

Don't know if I am an ass confessions, but apparently I am an ass man.

Commas are SO important, aren't they.

One of the advantages of being a slower rider is that there isn't much traffic by the time we get to go home from a race!

And you also have backmarkers privilege of collecting all the nice multitools and kit dropped by the racing snakes!

Don't know if I am an ass confessions, but apparently I am an ass man.

Commas are SO important, aren't they.

Ormaybe just inverted cammas hey? :D