Holy ship. VA. I assumed from your attitude and forum demeanour that you were in your early 20s. Society let you get into your 30s acting like a right ****? Fish sticks thats weird. You need a proper snot klap ou baas.

Nice power numbers though.

lol,

Reading something on a forum or any open ended chat, depends +-50% on guy writing and +-50% on guy reading.

Can assure you ,if you read it in the way I wrote it, your opinion of me would be totally different.

That being said, I did purposefully poke the bear a little.... :ph34r:

Thank for the compliment :thumbup:

Edited by Stricker

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And perhaps the TTE too.

if you have the time, please elaborate a little as I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Is this weight vs power ?

if you have the time, please elaborate a little as I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Read these two articles - but perhaps this is something JW will be doing with you:

TTE - time to exhaustion

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/introduction-of-the-new-time-to-exhaustion-metric-in-wko4

Fatigue Resistance

http://www.hunterallenpowerblog.com/2013/10/fatigue-profiling.html

It one thing having 5W/Kg, but how you can use it that is more important.

Just yanking your chain, Stricker  :devil:

All the best as you move forward with your coach

Edited by 'Dale

Just yanking your chain, Stricker :devil:

All the best as you move forward with your coach

Why didn't you say W/kg is not important? Stricker needs Newton meter numbers cos most of the time his torquing's rubbish. Edited by Thor Buttox

Hi Guys

I am not getting into the deep end of this but I do understand where you coming from - including myself - with regards to the way this all came about and Strickers approach to the article. We did speak about this prior to the test and so forth.

He came in, did the test, paid for it as per the agreement and shared the results. I believe he delivered 100% on his part of this agreement to date and to call me his coach as of test date would be correct (for now)

I don't think its now fair to give the guy abuse for coming through which a lot of people wouldnt of I don't believe. I have had a lot of people talk but not walk the walk.

However, he now has to actually follow a program which when times are tough and rough is not the easiest thing to do. 

So lets not crucify the guy completely just yet, I need him to follow a program going forward or not then we can take it from there.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

So , time for an update..

Been on the program for a month now and yes I'm still going strong :clap:

Program Itself:

Its hard yet easy :ph34r: , when I started I hated certain sessions, starting to really enjoy them now, basically its fused me and my bike , can feel how effortless my peddling have become, HR very stable and eating at my weight,turning my body into a ECO friendly machine.

The hard sessions  :ph34r:  I am yet tor puke, but have a feeling its coming, Once a week I have my weekly puke/diarrhea/fainting/ star seeing fix, yes all at once,

Feedback from S2S, just perfect , had to shift a few stuff around due to life happening and was done effortlessly.

Gains :ph34r: : lets just say am pretty sure I will need to pay after my next test, PB are flying left right and center.

So, after 4 weeks, just 4 weeks of structured training I am truly awestruck at how much I have improved, how efficient I have become and how effortlessly I am able to ride at power that makes me think my power meter is faulty.

Once Again Thx, John and S2S for making all this possible. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Program Itself:

Its hard yet easy :ph34r: , when I started I hated certain sessions, starting to really enjoy them now, basically its fused me and my bike , can feel how effortless my peddling have become, HR very stable and eating at my weight,turning my body into a ECO friendly machine.

The hard sessions :ph34r: I am yet tor puke, but have a feeling its coming, Once a week I have my weekly puke/diarrhea/fainting/ star seeing fix, yes all at once,

Feedback from S2S, just perfect , had to shift a few stuff around due to life happening and was done effortlessly.

Gains :ph34r: : lets just say am pretty sure I will need to pay after my next test, PB are flying left right and center.

So, after 4 weeks, just 4 weeks of structured training I am truly awestruck at how much I have improved, how efficient I have become and how effortlessly I am able to ride at power that makes me think my power meter is faulty.

How's the program coming on?

Program Itself:

Its hard yet easy :ph34r: , when I started I hated certain sessions, starting to really enjoy them now, basically its fused me and my bike , can feel how effortless my peddling have become, HR very stable and eating at my weight,turning my body into a ECO friendly machine.

The hard sessions  :ph34r:  I am yet tor puke, but have a feeling its coming, Once a week I have my weekly puke/diarrhea/fainting/ star seeing fix, yes all at once,

Gains :ph34r: : lets just say am pretty sure I will need to pay after my next test, PB are flying left right and center.

So, after 4 weeks, just 4 weeks of structured training I am truly awestruck at how much I have improved, how efficient I have become and how effortlessly I am able to ride at power that makes me think my power meter is faulty.

so are you still of the opinion that you should not be paying for this kind of service ?

How's the program coming on?

Had an approved leave application for December holidays , so going back on program from coming Monday , that being said, did most KM in a week ever and most M climbed during a day ever ..so form is above anything I have ever experienced before. :thumbup:

Really looking forward to the next few months to see how deep the rabbit hole really goes.

Edited by Stricker

so are you still of the opinion that you should not be paying for this kind of service ?

Was never against paying, that is a given. My question was " personal opinion which I understand everyone does not agree with" what do I get for my money.

What I can say is S2S( Mr Wakefield) is on the ball, training load is on the fence, could actually feel how I'm sitting perfectly on that Tired/Fresh Fence (Fresh enough to ensure I can hit intervals hard and tired enough to ensure I gain most from workouts)

Looking forward to the next Test as all gains ETC will be revealed then, as stated above. Don't think top end would have gone up a lot but efficiency :thumbup:  :thumbup: ( not sure if this is due to V02 Max improvements)

Exp: I could never just sit @ let say +-3.5wpkg for 60min comfortably after 10min it would start feeling difficult , would need to accelerate then drop the pace, I would eventually hold the+- 3.5 but  power graph would be all over the place.

Now: I can sit on +-3.5wpkg for 4 hours comfortable , with a very steady Power Graph.

Was never against paying, that is a given. My question was " personal opinion which I understand everyone does not agree with" what do I get for my money.

What I can say is S2S( Mr Wakefield) is on the ball, training load is on the fence, could actually feel how I'm sitting perfectly on that Tired/Fresh Fence (Fresh enough to ensure I can hit intervals hard and tired enough to ensure I gain most from workouts)

Looking forward to the next Test as all gains ETC will be revealed then, as stated above. Don't think top end would have gone up a lot but efficiency :thumbup: :thumbup: ( not sure if this is due to V02 Max improvements)

Exp: I could never just sit @ let say +-3.5wpkg for 60min comfortably after 10min it would start feeling difficult , would need to accelerate then drop the pace, I would eventually hold the+- 3.5 but power graph would be all over the place.

Now: I can sit on +-3.5wpkg for 4 hours comfortable , with a very steady Power Graph.

Lekka man, Stricter!

Working with athletes, it is really up to the will power an dmotivation of the athlete, hey.

No world-class coach or super duper training programme can get you up those hills and through those multiple pain cave phases.

Nicely done.

All credit to your coach for what would be superb guidance too.

Kudos all round!

Edited by 'Dale

What I can say is S2S( Mr Wakefield) is on the ball, training load is on the fence, could actually feel how I'm sitting perfectly on that Tired/Fresh Fence (Fresh enough to ensure I can hit intervals hard and tired enough to ensure I gain most from workouts)

Looking forward to the next Test as all gains ETC will be revealed then, as stated above. Don't think top end would have gone up a lot but efficiency :thumbup:  :thumbup: ( not sure if this is due to V02 Max improvements)

Exp: I could never just sit @ let say +-3.5wpkg for 60min comfortably after 10min it would start feeling difficult , would need to accelerate then drop the pace, I would eventually hold the+- 3.5 but  power graph would be all over the place.

So your question was what do I get for my money, this package vs that package....

In your opinion, how much are you willing to pay for the service/results that you are getting?