The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

Nothing significant really Uni, only emotional and psychological support at most as per the rules and obviously driving to Bloemfontein, encouragement at the start and race villages, towns and spectator points and then driving back from Wellington after the event if all goes well.

Here's the rules http://themunga.com/rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing significant really Uni, only emotional and psychological support at most as per the rules and obviously driving to Bloemfontein, encouragement at the start and race villages, towns and spectator points and then driving back from Wellington after the event if all goes well.

Here's the rules http://themunga.com/rules

lekker, no doubt you'll experience some FOMO but I'm surely playing around with the drone should be good fun. 

I think it's going to be interesting to see parts of the Karoo from the air while the riders make some dust on those long district roads. Also the time lapses of some of the quaint little towns or places of interest should add another dimension to understand how isolated it is out there.

Are you using the Sheriff's drone? That's a lekker little toy he has there.

He crashed his in a tree. I''m using my own Phantom, but I'll be using his batteries and micro sd card as extra spares.

Just out of interest for those who don't know...

The YouTube video I posted this morning was shot in 4k at 30fps on the GoPro Hero5 Black. It took me in total about 4 hours from start to finish e.g. 28 GB imported for Transcoding and Analysis, editing in FCP, adding the music, color correction where needed and then completed with 180 MB to upload to YouTube. This only for a ONE minute video where you have the option of choosing to watch in 144p all the way up to 1080p HD and going up even more up to 2160p in 4K resolution!

Just out of interest for those who don't know...

The YouTube video I posted this morning was shot in 4k at 30fps on the GoPro Hero5 Black. It took me in total about 4 hours from start to finish e.g. 28 GB imported for Transcoding and Analysis, editing in FCP, adding the music, color correction where needed and then completed with 180 MB to upload to YouTube. This only for a ONE minute video where you have the option of choosing to watch in 144p all the way up to 1080p HD and going up even more up to 2160p in 4K resolution!

And it is greatly appreciated. Please keep them coming!

He crashed his in a tree. I''m using my own Phantom, but I'll be using his batteries and micro sd card as extra spares.

My boss is selling his phantom 2 - for 10k. If the sheriff wants to spend his prize money

My boss is selling his phantom 2 - for 10k. If the sheriff wants to spend his prize money

Thanks Uni he's having his repaired if he gets any prize money.

The Sheriff just wants to get to the finish in one piece as quickly as humanly possible, I guess that will be everyones race strategy. In my opinion the fun will really start between Oubergpass and Tankwa padstal, same as last year, to see who burned too many matches or who over trained or under trained.

Im not making it this year to ride unfortunately. Still on crutches from a broken Femur, but Sprocket and Jack will be the first mechanical station en route at Vanderkloof dam. The FOMO will be intense but i hope to get a few pedal strokes in with the chaps!!

I'll bring a few cold ones and we can chat about that broken Femur of yours and next year's race  :D