WC - Is Baden Powell drive safe to ride on??

button

Rather park in claremont/newlands +-60km if you plan to use main road or constantia virgin active +-50km if you want to use spaans to simons town

Alternatively you can park at rondebosch common and get in a extra +-8km, even if you short from your target km's just do 1 or 2 laps afterwards.

Baden Powel is no longer a road that even the Scouts can be prepared for.

IMHO it is a suicide mission on a bike.

For 2 reasons:

1. Traffic is terrible with possibly the narrowest, fastest road and the Capes' worst drivers all thrown together.

2 Serious crime, even the locals avoid that coastline. The fisherman fish in big groups or stay away, otherwise they get robbed, knifed or shot.

I cycled it a couple of years ago and although I regularly see cyclists there, I would not recommend it to anyone. The main problem is that after Strandfontein the road basically loses its shoulder.

Baden Powel is no longer a road that even the Scouts can be prepared for.

IMHO it is a suicide mission on a bike.

For 2 reasons:

1. Traffic is terrible with possibly the narrowest, fastest road and the Capes' worst drivers all thrown together.

2 Serious crime, even the locals avoid that coastline. The fisherman fish in big groups or stay away, otherwise they get robbed, knifed or shot.

Very much this a friend nearly died a few years ago after being shot when getting back to his car there after a fishing trip.

He had already handed over the keys and all his valuables to the scum but for some reason they couldn't get his car to start, so being a bit put out by this they shot him.

Archived