failed scam attempt - Apollo khuzwayo - ama steels

G-J

Hi Guys

Apollo khuzwayo,from ama steels pretoria tried to fake a standard bank transfer in the hope id let his "courier" collect the bike. He smsed an id copy and i recieved an sms from std bank.

He phoned several times but disappeared when i insisted the money had to reflect on my acc.

He called off +27 62 673 1670. I doubt it was his real name and probably used some poor chaps id.

FYI...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Apollo khuzwayo,from ama steels pretoria tried to fake a standard bank transfer in the hope id let his "courier" collect the bike. He smsed an id copy and i recieved an sms from std bank.

He phoned several times but disappeared when i insisted the money had to reflect on my acc.

He called off +27 62 673 1670. I doubt it was his real name and probably used some poor chaps id.

FYI...

You sir have saved yourself alot of grief... well done on not releasing your prized possessions to a possible scumbag scammer... I hope that more people are becoming wise where this is concerned...

Hi Guys

FYI...

Yep.  Same happened to me with AMA Steel and this guy. Watch out for someone claiming he is "Apollo Khuzwayo" working at AMA Steel Construction, contactable on 0783197010 and apollokhuzwayo@gmail.com. He asks his items be shipped to 229 Ceres Court, Jeff Masemula Street, PTA. Fake person scamming you out of money with fake sms's and a pleasant phone manner.

I also just got a call from Apollo from +27 78 319 7010, same story. He e-mail address is apparantly:  apollokhuzwayo@gmail.com

He called me 20 times because I am threatening to take legal action the best I can against him.  Please report him to the site/s you met him on and see if they can find out who it really is or he won't stop!

I'm strongly considering legal action.  He's not as anonymous as he thinks...  The item he scammed from me has a hidden GPS in it, so unless he tampered with it, there's a good shot at finding out more or less where he is.  Anyway, he must be stopped.

Next person who deals with Apollo.

Tell him the funds cleared and you would like to deliver personally :ph34r:

tell him to send the courier and waste his Money with a fictitious address. Edited by Pikey

I'm strongly considering legal action. Anyway, he must be stopped.

Did he scam you out of money or items?

Unless you have suffered financial loss you will be wasting time and money pursueing this matter further.

Did he scam you out of money or items?

Unless you have suffered financial loss you will be wasting time and money pursueing this matter further.

Both.  He owes me almost R5 000.

I also just got a call from Apollo from +27 78 319 7010, same story. He e-mail address is apparantly:  apollokhuzwayo@gmail.com

Keep everything about him record.  Emails, sms's and so on.  Even if it's all fake, at some point he's going to be unable to keep his stories straight and we might find something that's true about his location or name, at least.

Ok, thought his attempt also failed with you.

Good luck, just remember the justice system is not as quick and effective as we would like it to be.

Busy with a summary summons and between the affidavits and respondents defending the summons, getting a trial date set it has taken us 6 months. Correspondence and legal fees are already over R8000.Chances are he does not even have that amount to repay you or a salary that can be garnished.

Weigh in your options carefully as this may become a costly exercise.

Good luck

Edited by Nettie R