_im_from_earth

We're working on GP demo dates (and venues) at the moment. Provisionally we're thinking the following:

Demo: 11th / 12th - JHB to be confirmed (this is Argus weekend)

Display / Pre-Booked Demo: 13th Bruce Reyneke

Display / Pre-Booked Demo: 14th Torq Zone Cycles

Display / Pre-Booked Demo: 15th Mellow Velo

Display / Pre-Booked Demo: 16th Mike's Bikes

Display / Pre-Booked Demo: 17th Finishline Cycles

Demo: 18th / 19th - Hakahana

Andre KZN ?

Sign me up for the 5010 @Jonkers 5/3.

BTW, what's up with the credit card for damage deposit - in case the bike gets stolen or actual damage? In case of the latter, shouldn't your insurance cover you in stead?

You can not expect them to cover the costs if you brake something. Ware and tear is understandable but a cracked Frame or Enve because someone got a little carried away and decided to try huck a rock garden is not on. 

Edited by Spoke101

You can not expect them to cover the costs if you brake something. Ware and tear is understandable but a cracked Frame or Enve because someone got a little carried away and decided to try huck a rock garden is not on. 

Actually I do expect them to. It's their property, therefore if they feel there is a risk involved in owning said property, then said property needs to be insured. 

You don't go test drive a car and the dealership asks for your credit card in case **** happens. You insure expensive items in case **** happens. Simple really.

If that's the case, then they should do the demo days in the local parking lot, not on actual trails then.

Actually I do expect them to. It's their property, therefore if they feel there is a risk involved in owning said property, then said property needs to be insured. 

You don't go test drive a car and the dealership asks for your credit card in case **** happens. You insure expensive items in case **** happens. Simple really.

If that's the case, then they should do the demo days in the local parking lot, not on actual trails then.

Yes they will have insurance but that will not cover every Joe Blogs to swings a leg over a V10 and now thinks they are now Minnaar and can jump a road gap.

Walk into a Ferrari dealership and ask if you can go test drive one of there cars at the local race track? (their insurance should cover everything).

We not talking about your entry level bikes here, so if you have a problem with the way they conduct there business, simply don't go.

Yes they will have insurance but that will not cover every Joe Blogs to swings a leg over a V10 and now thinks they are now Minnaar and can jump a road gap.

Walk into a Ferrari dealership and ask if you can go test drive one of there cars at the local race track? (their insurance should cover everything).

We not talking about your entry level bikes here, so if you have a problem with the way they conduct there business, simply don't go. Is this a forum equivalent of the race card?

Meh, your reasoning is  flawed for comparing a R60 - 140k bike to a 3bar car - big difference, and contradictory. On one side you say they will have insurance, but not for everyone/anyone. Who are these fortunate individuals then? The way all risk insurance works...nah forget it not going to explain.

Specialized's test the best (only s-works models btw) days don't request any damage deposit from their prospective clients. Use it don't use. 

How do I see this only now? Guess your GP visit is done?

Would have loved to try out a Tallboy...

Edit: Realized the those dates are for March and not Feb. Hakahana Demo then on 18/19 March?

Edited by johanpre44