[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic 2017

Frosty

The marking of pot holes and road hazards deserves special mention. It was great to have "lead up" markings instead of just marking the hole itself. I was riding head down on the drops for a big part of the race and it was a life saver.

Totally agree... Good call on that guys

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The marking of pot holes and road hazards deserves special mention. It was great to have "lead up" markings instead of just marking the hole itself. I was riding head down on the drops for a big part of the race and it was a life saver.

Great observation! So much better than any other race I have done.

Kudos to the GW team for this stand-out.

This is my nipper (sister in the background)last year at the race. And on the way home.

They desperately wanted to do it again this year but unfortunately was the same time as football.

Anything to keep them of iPads the like and out the malls and on any field of sport . Good for you giving him his racing instinct and wanting to win. It keeps them interested in my mind.

My son is football mad ,to point he often gets into trouble for kicking the ball in the house or breaking the wifes plants. But the kid in me is always smiling at him. Especially when he takes his ball to bed.

Am a massive supporter of kids doing sport .

It’s kids races like this that need to be supported to keep kids wanting to ride there bikes and do sport !

Precious bud!

Keep the bike handy and accessible! My boy was the same ......applying the right amount of 'pressure' without over doing it is the key to keeping them interested! Soon he will learn and observe your love of riding and want to ride with you! There are sooooo many distractions but once the bug bites you will be smiling! Good luck bud!

Cyclists involved in a race = knowing a bit more than those that aren’t.

On the topic of potholes...

I might get a warning for this, or the post deleted... but it’s worth a share.

What’s the difference between potholes and a pair of panties?

Not much, but they both get in the way when one is in a rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say I really enjoyed this race, registration, parking, route marking, marshals etc. For me at least everything went real smooth. Being mostly a mountain biker It could be that I don't pick up on a lot of the finer details but from my point of view the organization and overall experience was superb.

Started in AL, could only stay with the group until about 30km, then waited for the guys from B but was still was still knackered so eventually finished with the guys from C in 3:02. In hindsight starting with a slower group would have given me a better time.

Totally agree... Good call on that guys

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

well done guys on this. makes a massive difference to everyone in the bunch and race. cause you don't suddenly whack something. cause its called out

racing on sunday was super hard 48km in the first hour. gutters were real and painful. the way the race exploded on the turn towards Heidelberg,

Dark place till top of Nigel hill - too late to follow move across the break away. 

Thanks for great race and always hard. great prep for 94.7

125km race got a beta of 0.82.  Possibly one of my worst seeding results in the last two or so years.

Oh well, will have to see how this Sunday goes. :mellow:

I see they have the winning time as 2h 22m 01s but according to racetec the fastest time for the 103km was 2h 29m 59s. Surely that will affect our seedings a fair amount?????

I see they have the winning time as 2h 22m 01s but according to racetec the fastest time for the 103km was 2h 29m 59s. Surely that will affect our seedings a fair amount?????

Adjusted winners time because all of the pros did the 125km race. Where the field is stronger or weaker than the base race (usually 94.7 or CTCT) the winners time can be adjusted to take this into account. It's covered in the documentation of how they calculate the seedings.