Cheap dropper posts?

Mongooser

need a good dropper post that wont break my wallet and doesn't need to be serviced alot

i don't know anything about dropper posts and whats bad nd good.,,whats the best brand to get that's not over 2k secondhand?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly question I am sure. Based on my similar question recently, I have been looking at the Lyne post, but am struggling to understand the difference that the straight post will make as opposed to my current Giant offset post. Would I just move the seat backwards on the post?

bloody hell that's a good price. Kiwi to the rescue again. 

just need to sell my Canyon and ill get one hehe :ph34r:

looks solid

never heard of Lyne?

who stocks em?

Lyne do... direct sales (so hot right now with Commencal / YT / Canyon) - based in Woodstock.  Awesome back up, 1 x triggers, hydraulic inners and cable action, 2 year warrenty, brilliant service, great price and now seem to be coming up goods with cranksets, bars and stems. 

Also Kiwi / Rapide has never been anything other than utterly brilliant when it comes to product and service. 

2 local companies showing the local agents of many international brands up by doing the basics well and backing themselves / their products. 

Just bought a Lyne. Well made. Will ride this weekend for the first time so can't comment yet on how well it works.

The Rapide dropper is a killer deal and I think replacement cartridges go for about the same as the Lyne replacement cartridges. Under R700 if I'm not mistaken.

But its worth pointing out that while the Rapide is cheaper than Lyne.

The actuation cable goes all the way up to the saddle while the Lyne stops at the collar.

http://i.imgur.com/WKBpR4f.jpg

This means that with the Rapide post your cable is moving up and down with the saddle every time its actuated. While I don't remember this being much of a problem with my first dropper from a couple years ago. Its still worth paying a couple hundred extra to avoid imo.

Rapide have some brilliant deals and when I actually have enough cash to go 11 speed.

I will definitely do it through them. But dropper vs dropper? Lyne ftw.

Archived