Stolen: BMC Time Machine TMR02 2015 (Saint Francis Bay)

aidy_6

Mate I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think you've been scammed. Firstly the price is WAY too good to be true. Secindly look at the plugs in the pic.

Those are UK plug points

Mate I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think you've been scammed. Firstly the price is WAY too good to be true. Secindly look at the plugs in the pic.

Those are UK plug points

Any recommendations on how to handle something like this?

Was the bike originally advertised on bikehub??

if so then maybe Admin can trace some info from the account holder. If it was on OLX, then I'm short of effective ideas

I think they are US plug points.

Anyway supposedly this person is in Brackenfell based on OLX location.

Is it worth baiting him a bit?

Bad luck falling foul of his scam.

The bike was bought from St Francis in the Eastern Cape, or so it was said.

Eish...looking at the pics that bike was probably never in SA.

What tel no do you have for the person?

I think they are US plug points.

Anyway supposedly this person is in Brackenfell based on OLX location.

Is it worth baiting him a bit?

Bad luck falling foul of his scam.

I think I am going to try and bait him a bit. Ive enquired on the advert from a fake email, hopefully he will get back to me. Will see if he sends me the same banking details, ID and Drivers. Hopefully the police can do something with that.

You have any ideas?

make a case with saps first then contact this guy again

try get a cell number and engage him in whatsapp chats etc don't press him for photos but ask him a few questions like any buyer would and keep in touch regularly

inform your case officer what you are doing / and keep in touch with him regularly also

delay the seller by telling him it will take a few days for you to source your funds before you can make payment and to please not sell the bike before you do etc etc - string him along

maybe the continual cell communications will help saps to try trace him - if you encourage them ...

hope it works for you

the id and drivers are probably stolen and don't reflect who is behind this only the bank account and cell numbers are traceable

Sorry to hear about your loss...

But with an ID Photo like that Andrew seems to be a Sumo wrestler and NOT a cyclist or Triathlete

try get a cell number and engage him in whatsapp chats etc don't press him for photos but ask him a few questions like any buyer would and keep in touch

delay him by telling him it will take a few days for you to source your funds before you can make payment and to please not sell the bike before you do etc etc - string him along

maybe the continual cell communications will help saps to try trace him

hope it works for you

the id and drivers are probably stolen and don't reflect who is behind this only the bank account and cell numbers are traceable

I have bank details and cell numbers from when i bought them. Unfortunately I've been blocked on all three of the numbers that he gave me. Also I have found him on Facebook, wether that is actually him or not is another question. His email address is also his name @thegolf.co.za. Not sure where that address is from but thats what i have

I have bank details and cell numbers from when i bought them. Unfortunately I've been blocked on all three of the numbers that he gave me

see my edited post ^^^^^^

Guys , keep in mind that this individual plus others of the same ilk are reading all these posts so any ideas of baiting him etc should not really be advertised here...

Archived