SPCA - an EASY sms is needed...please help...?!

CASSIE1975

Good morning fellow Hubbers  :thumbup:  and fellow FURRY Friend lovers, 

This is my 3rd year in a row "RIDING FOR A CAUSE" @ 94.7 Cycle Challenge.

You guys and gals have helped us EVERY YEAR and I am sure this year will not be any different.

It is SO easy and simple...and will ONLY take a few seconds of your time to HELP our fight:

“PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS”

PLEASE SEND US an SMS as follow:

just type 947-32 and send it to the number 38018.

It will ONLY cost you R25.00 per sms and WILL help us save a LIFE, or 3  :clap: even provide blankets, food, transport, vet costs...whatever you can think of...any dontaion WILL help!

OFF COURSE you can send more than one, please send as many as you like  :thumbup: 

***If you have a company (or individual) that would like to donate some funds towards the National SPCA, please send me a PM and I can provide you with the information / bank details needed (18A Certificate can be provided).

***Or you can contact Riana Grobler @

Riana Grobler

Communications Unit: Fundraising, Sponsorship & Donations

Tel: +27 11 907 3590/1/2/3

Fax: +27 11 907 4013

P O Box 1320, Alberton, South Africa, 1450

:thumbup:  :clap:  you guys are awesome...thanx again in advance for this year's donations!!!

Cheers. Cassie1975.

***If you have a company (or individual) that would like to donate some funds towards the National SPCA, please send me a PM and I can provide you with the information / bank details needed (18A Certificate can be provided) for ANY small, of bigger donation.

Thank you all.

Good morning fellow Hubbers  :thumbup:  and fellow FURRY Friend lovers, 

This is my 3rd year in a row "RIDING FOR A CAUSE" @ 94.7 Cycle Challenge.

You guys and gals have helped us EVERY YEAR and I am sure this year will not be any different.

It is SO easy and simple...and will ONLY take a few seconds of your time to HELP our fight:

“PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS”

PLEASE SEND US an SMS as follow:

just type 947-32 and send it to the number 38018.

It will ONLY cost you R25.00 per sms and WILL help us save a LIFE, or 3  :clap: even provide blankets, food, transport, vet costs...whatever you can think of...any dontaion WILL help!

OFF COURSE you can send more than one, please send as many as you like  :thumbup: 

***If you have a company (or individual) that would like to donate some funds towards the National SPCA, please send me a PM and I can provide you with the information / bank details needed (18A Certificate can be provided).

***Or you can contact Riana Grobler @

Riana Grobler

Communications Unit: Fundraising, Sponsorship & Donations

Tel: +27 11 907 3590/1/2/3

Fax: +27 11 907 4013

P O Box 1320, Alberton, South Africa, 1450

:thumbup:  :clap:  you guys are awesome...thanx again in advance for this year's donations!!!

Cheers. Cassie1975.

out of interest, how much of that R25 goes to SPCA in the end? I just ask because I know the cellphone companies in the past have taken a huge chunk of these campaigns, and you might as well just have a snapscan/EFT or something a lot more efficient.

good luck for the challenge!

out of interest, how much of that R25 goes to SPCA in the end? I just ask because I know the cellphone companies in the past have taken a huge chunk of these campaigns, and you might as well just have a snapscan/EFT or something a lot more efficient.

:eek:  really? Let me ask...thanx for the question...I will post here again once I have an answer.

I am a huge snapscan fan!!!

I will make the suggestion...maybe they can start using it...have also used it before and it works like a charm at the till points!!!

FYI - might already be sorted, but I don't really trust our mobile operators to ever do the right thing if not forced

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/154302-mtn-and-vodacom-took-money-from-donations-for-struggling-farmers-report.html

Sounds like this issue was sorted out? 

When motivational speaker Frank Teixeira heard about this, he started a Facebook page to gain public support to remove the administrative cost for these campaigns.

His campaign was successful, and Vodacom, MTN, and Cell C agreed to pass on the full donation amounts in future.

Cell C said that in the case of a national natural disaster, it is committed to the zero rating of a donation short code.

“Cell C agreed to support the campaign by waiving all profits and costs associated with this donation line, which means all funds donated by Cell C subscribers will be given to the cause. We have backdated this to November 2015,” said Cell C.

Telkom said it has always waived revenues, commissions, and charges associated with approved charitable SMS fund raising campaigns run by certified organisations.

“Telkom, however, has a network roaming partner which carries traffic in areas which we do not currently have mobile network infrastructure in place,” said Telkom.

“Due to this, Telkom charges a minimum fee of 15 cents to allow us to recover the costs of roaming SMSs which we pay to our roaming partner. All remaining funds are then handed over to the Wireless Access Service Provider that has been chosen by the organisation to provide this service.”

FYI - might already be sorted, but I don't really trust our mobile operators to ever do the right thing if not forced

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/154302-mtn-and-vodacom-took-money-from-donations-for-struggling-farmers-report.html

I did phone Riana and asked about this...she said she will find out and let me know  :thumbup:

Thanx...I don't think many people know about this... :cursing:  I just HOPE that SPCA get MOST of the funds...it is going to a VERY GOOD CAUSE...and BIG companies ABUSING that is just F-up  :eek:

good on you for doing it for another year.

I have also joined SPCA again, now just need to get working on the fundraising.

good on you for doing it for another year.

I have also joined SPCA again, now just need to get working on the fundraising.

Well done VB  :thumbup:  Good on you!!!

I have not done any seeding races this year  :cursing:   :eek:

So i hope my group starting time would be okay...otherwise I will just start with the SPCA guys, let's see what happens.

Got some info from SPCA and about R2.50 to R3.50 per sms goes to the operators.

At least +/- 90% of the funds go to the SPCA  :clap:  :thumbup:

WE CAN NOT DO IT WITHOUT THE HELP AND FUNDS FROM YOU GUYS.

If you think of ALL that is involved...NOT only cats and dogs at the various SPCA centers across SA, but ALSO Farm Animals...Animals in distress...

EVEN THE BIG FIRES WE HAD IN KNYSNA a few weeks / months ago...SPCA was involved in a BIG way with Animals and Fire fighters...

ALL the funds generated go towards ANY of these causes and just imagine how MUCH actually can go into saving and caring for Animals on such a BIG scale in South Africa???

Just think of the few dogs, birds and cats in your family...then multiply that by thousands and then get an idea of the costs involved...