Please help a preemie

2bliss

We have just had a huge scare!!! Either the feeding tube was not inserted deep enough or Karmi pulled it out herself. She aspirated milk and both blood oxygen and heart rate dropped dramatically. Thankfully they were able to stabilise her. Now we just have to hope and pray that the aspiration does not cause pneumonia again.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told it is quite the mission to get the little peanut out of her incubator with all those wires and tubes, but it must have been SO worth it! :)

Great news. The biggest issue is usually the central line. I sometimes felt that all the wires attached to our babies weighed more than they did. 

Hopefully she can soon do some Kangaroo care, the premmies really improve when they have some skin on skin contact with the parents.I spent numerous afternoons shirtless, holding this soft squishy little human against my chest. its amazing to see how their breathing and HR normalize

Hopefully she can soon do some Kangaroo care, the premmies really improve when they have some skin on skin contact with the parents.I spent numerous afternoons shirtless, holding this soft squishy little human against my chest. its amazing to see how their breathing and HR normalize

All true. At this stage she is too small, tires quickly and then her vitals become unstable.

Hubbers, please pray for Karmi. Things are bad. Back on mechanical ventilator. It seems the milk aspiration did more harm than they originally thought. Another blood transfusion too.

This picture was taken before the crisis when she was on high-flow oxygen.

post-63219-0-50477300-1502966871_thumb.jpg

Hubbers, please pray for Karmi. Things are bad. Back on mechanical ventilator. It seems the milk aspiration did more harm than they originally thought. Another blood transfusion too.

Praying hard for her. God has her in His hand.

Sending healing vibes her way, hang in there little one

Three more anonymous donations were made today.  A huge thank you to you all!

Things are grim right now, but we are holding onto hope and finding strength in the support so selflessly given by others.  Thank you for all messages of support and encouragement.

I have been following this thread every day, hoping for more good news. Keep fighting, baby Karmi.

One of my friends in Durban had a preemie a few years back, and she has asked if anyone knows of a family in need of baby girls clothes including prem & tiny baby sizes. Would the family be interested? I would be happy to pay for courier costs.

I have been following this thread every day, hoping for more good news. Keep fighting, baby Karmi.

One of my friends in Durban had a preemie a few years back, and she has asked if anyone knows of a family in need of baby girls clothes including prem & tiny baby sizes. Would the family be interested? I would be happy to pay for courier costs.

Dear SpecialK,

They will indeed welcome preemie and tiny baby girl clothes, thank you!  These clothes are typically worn for such a short period that they are basically new anyway  :)

Edited by 2bliss

Good day, all :)

Karmi's nickname will just have to be "Bunny", because the little fighter keeps bouncing back regardless the setbacks  ;)

After a blood transfusion during the night, she is now much more active.  She is off mechanical ventilation, on CPAP at 22% oxygen and oxygenating well.  The infection is gone and the brain bleed has resolved spontaneously. 

She is obviously doing MUCH better than yesterday  :clap:

Good day, all :)

Karmi's nickname will just have to be "Bunny", because the little fighter keeps bouncing back regardless the setbacks  ;)

After a blood transfusion during the night, she is now much more active.  She is off mechanical ventilation, on CPAP at 22% oxygen and oxygenating well.  The infection is gone and the brain bleed has resolved spontaneously. 

She is obviously doing MUCH better than yesterday  :clap:

Awesome news! Hopefully more of the same for this weekend