Fitted Specialized SWAT kit on Momsen Vipa (L)

Thought I'd share how I fit a Specialized SWAT kit on my Momsen Vipa.

I wasn't too keen on the Momsen Integrate Toptube Box so decided to rather try out the Spec SWAT kit. Only managed to secure the SWAT box bolt and the middle slot of the bottle cage. The assembly is quite solid with just the two bolts keeping in down. Can fit a normal CAMELBAK bottle or any other normal size bottle easily in die diagonal cage.

Bottle cage in upright position has got the SWAT mini tool at the bottom which fits perfectly in that space.

Next up will be to fit the headset chainbreaker tool.

post-70428-0-01837900-1501954549_thumb.jpg

post-70428-0-77216000-1501954760_thumb.jpg

post-70428-0-02554900-1501954830_thumb.jpg

post-70428-0-81705600-1501955220_thumb.jpg

Edited by HendrikStorm1

Have you let all the air out the shock to test if the shocks body touches that Water bottle at full compression

Edited by Hairy

Lekker. Good work. I went through the same process with my tallboy recently. SWAT box mounted and multi tool on. Also need to fit the chain breaker tool this week. Just could not stand a saddlebag anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lekker. Good work. I went through the same process with my tallboy recently. SWAT box mounted and multi tool on. Also need to fit the chain breaker tool this week. Just could not stand a saddlebag anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please show your pics.

I also wanted to "try" and fit the Spez lunchbox, bit expensive error if it does not work.

In the classified there were a Scott spark with the Spez swotkit and cage on seat post, took the measurements and on full suspension travel the back wheel would connect.

Ps. I see the 2018 Vipa model has three bottle cage bosses.

Edited by DJuice

So now who is going to make those plastic lunchboxes for a reasonable price?

This would be a great idea!

• 2 months later...

Very nice! I'm also gatvol of either having my pockets full of tools and crap, or using a saddlebag etc and have also been thinking about fitting the Spez Swat kit to my Scott Spark 900, but the Spez bikes have an additional nut/bolt on the frame to keep the box in place, which the Scott obviously doesn't have, so how did you fix yours to your frame, or is it held in place by the second bottle cage? 

Edited by Links MTB

Very nice! I'm also gatvol of either having my pockets full of tools and crap, or using a saddlebag etc and have also been thinking about fitting the Spez Swat kit to my Scott Spark 900, but the Spez bikes have an additional nut/bolt on the frame to keep the box in place, which the Scott obviously doesn't have, so how did you fix yours to your frame, or is it held in place by the second bottle cage? 

also would like to know

Hi Links. I fully agree, with myself the issue was that I kept on forgetting stuff at home. The Spec SWAT box for me really works great compared to the Momsen ITB. I only secured the SWAT box with 1 bolt and the bottle cage with the other bolt, thus 2 bolts keeping the assembly (The SWAT box and bottle cage are fastened together with a bolt) secured to the frame, which is sufficient in my view. Have a look at this alternative if you want to secure both bolts on the cage as well as the bolt in the SWAT box.