[Event] Coronation Double Century 2017

06rush

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The real DC started at Charles Milner's farm, near Klapmuts. Went Rooi-Els, Caledon, F'hoek Pass, home. Self-service :)

Pfft - the real DC was a solo event from the Drakenstein Prison, over Franschhoek Pass to Villiersdorp and back. There might have been one or two refreshment stations along the way, but it was pretty much each man/woman for themselves.

The real DC started at Charles Milner's farm, near Klapmuts. Went Rooi-Els, Caledon, F'hoek Pass, home. Self-service :)

Dont know about that....there was an event which used to start at the Macro in Milnerton late 80s.250km long distance....short distance 155km....

I see PAA included DC2017 for seeding, but added a 15 penalty

I wonder why. Isn't having a team no different to riding in the bunch?

It’s due to riders being pulled and pushed around the DC, therefore inflating seeding.

It’s due to riders being pulled and pushed around the DC, therefore inflating seeding.

What is this pulling and pushing you speak of? Where does one find a team that does that?

(asking for a friend)

What is this pulling and pushing you speak of? Where does one find a team that does that?

(asking for a friend)

The team that started just in front of us with a Paris Roubaix winner had a lot of pulling and pushing. :P

After 400kms all earthly possessions seem irrelevant and we didn't quite care what happened to our cars ;)

My race report is going to go something like this:

1. Start

2. Stare at the bum in front of me while chewing bar tape everytime Nic Dlamini was anywhere near the front.

3. Pretend to take a turn on the front, but I was actually too shattered from Nic's 5 minute motorpace session that I was actually recovering while on the front

4. Repeat 2 and 3 about 15 times

5. Pop spectacularly

6. Ponder the meaning of life and what series of bad life decisions had brought me to this point

7. Water point 1

8. Repeat 2 and 3 about 10 times, but this time there was no popping as I was number 6

9. Water point 2

10. Pop again - about 2kms out of the water point

11. Make a million deals with the muscles in my legs if they could just get me to the finish and not wage a violent war whenever I tried to pedal

12. Curse any uphill, no matter the gradient

13. Repeat 11 about 37 times

14. Finish, vowing to race in a mixed team next year!

(15. Two days later start thinking about doing it all again next year!)

This is brilliant... :-)

The team that started just in front of us with a Paris Roubaix winner had a lot of pulling and pushing. :P

I want to be pushed and pulled. Not do the pushing and pulling. Which is why I'm so afraid of riding in the mixed team!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He started with the Freewheel Cycology team, but was dropped early on because of a puncture.

They didn't get to make much use of the 'Italian Vespa'

and no one got sacrificed to keep him rolling? Surely the weakest oke should have offered up a wheel