An itch to scratch

GrahamS2

I've got an  itch that requires a new bike to scratch. Been riding the oneten29 Pyga for 4 years now and I love it to bits, but it's time to build something fresh, something carbon. Here's the list so far:

1. Pyga Stage Max - more of the same, maybe a little stiffer and lighter than the oneten, maybe a bit too similar?

2. Santa Cruz Tallboy CC - lovely bikes, love the brand. Frame set prices are quite dear though.

3. Spez Camber - quite mainstream for my tastes, but is a viable option nonetheless. 

Funny enough I rode a Sesta Pro recently and loved the ride. In my head it's a race bike, but it rides a lot more like a trail bike. Also a distant option. What else am I missing?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got an  itch that requires a new bike to scratch. Been riding the oneten29 Pyga for 4 years now and I love it to bits, but it's time to build something fresh, something carbon. Here's the list so far:

1. Pyga Stage Max - more of the same, maybe a little stiffer and lighter than the oneten, maybe a bit too similar?

2. Santa Cruz Tallboy CC - lovely bikes, love the brand. Frame set prices are quite dear though.

3. Spez Camber - quite mainstream for my tastes, but is a viable option nonetheless. 

Funny enough I rode a Sesta Pro recently and loved the ride. In my head it's a race bike, but it rides a lot more like a trail bike. Also a distant option. What else am I missing?

I have a 110 as well. I also get an itch every now and then, but I find if you lie down for a little while, the feeling goes away and you as happy as larry for another year. Its quite a bugger riding such an amazing bike.

I was having a conversation last week about the Pyga with South African bosveld influences or the Santa Cruz with California beach and BMX influences...

Then I remembered Greg Minnaar rides SANTA CRUZ

I have a 110 as well. I also get an itch every now and then, but I find if you lie down for a little while, the feeling goes away and you as happy as larry for another year. Its quite a bugger riding such an amazing bike.

I did consider rebuilding it with carbon wheels and 1x11. It's just such a lovely frame! 

Been having similar itches :)

- Momsen VIPA Trail

- Evil Following

I quite like the VIPA trail but they won't sell a frameset. Rolling chassis only

I must do some reading on that Evil. Never ridden one.

I quite like the VIPA trail but they won't sell a frameset. Rolling chassis only

I must do some reading on that Evil. Never ridden one.

VERY good bike, according to reviews and people I have met on the trail. Overwhelming response is that it's a SLAYER of trails. 

Surely there is a cream for that itch?

if not .... what about the Santa Cruz Hightower .... but really, there are so many good options out there.

Good luck sorting out the itch, as I understand once you have it, you can never get rid of it for good as it keeps coming back.

Good luck sorting out the itch, as I understand once you have it, you can never get rid of it for good as it keeps coming back.

I find alternating a new car and a new bike purchase every few years keeps it under control  :clap:

I find alternating a new car and a new bike purchase every few years keeps it under control  :clap:

Thank goodness you buy a car every alternative year .... works out cheaper :P

Archived