[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're mad. Respect!

BTW. I saw a competition (I think it was in ride mag, Dec/Jan) that you can win a Lynskey frame, full xt & lauff fork. The big part of the competition entry was to commit to doing to Munga 2017. Maybe have a look. I'm sure not many people are entering that.

I naturally chickened out proper.  :blush:  :(

Ok. So I am at the biokinetist, who is making me do things, well that should not be done, and I submit myself voluntarily to this pain.

The hip extension moves that someone else watching must be thinking I am practicing for some karma sutra competition. Its just plain nasty !

Anyway - by ffffaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr the worst thing has to be the 25 min on this machine.

http://www.grucox.com/

http://www.grucox.com/Home/TrainerFeatures

I have been on it only twice. And after those 25 min I am close to tasting lunch twice in one go. Man the pain in trying to walk after is terrible. I can hardly take any steps without immense pain in the quads. It is raw sheer hell. Because it involves resistance, you try to stop the pedal stroke. Bliksem its hell. And then the thing pedals backwards as well - so you have to really concentrate.

But on the up side, at least my back is doing better. Bring on the weekend, 20km ride. If my legs make it to then.

Midlife crisis #76 hit me earlier this month, I have entered as well. This after not racing a bicycle competitively for the past 7 years. Needless to say, my training has started with a renewed sense of urgency, fun times ahead.

Midlife crisis #76 hit me earlier this month, I have entered as well. This after not racing a bicycle competitively for the past 7 years. Needless to say, my training has started with a renewed sense of urgency, fun times ahead.

Well done! Respec!

(Note to self - Never, NEVER have a mid life crisis of any sort!)

Edited by Sepia

Well done! Respec!

(Note to self - Never, NEVER have a mid life crisis of any sort!)

Thanks... I think  :wacko: 

Where's the fun in that, how will you ever know what kind of crazy sh!t you're capable of? ^_^

Sepia is well past mid life crisis.

He is onto daily crisis mode ... and from some of his bike pics he has done some crazy stuff!!

Did my first 22 km ride on the road bike.

I am using a garmin etrex30x for all my training as it will be the unit I use on the Munga. I will post some info and the reason for my choices a bit later.

Thinking of doing the 6hr mini munga ride from last year on Saturday if anyone keen to join. Want to start riding at 6.30am

Looking for a training partner for the Munga. I am committed into finishing this race.

Have also entered the 36one this year.

If anyone keen please let me know

Live in Bedfordview