Welcome to the official Anatomic Sportswear thread.

What exactly does that mean? Well, let's just say it's just a more official way to line up our relationships with BikeHub members - most of whom I've gotten to know over the years via my personal profile (Andrew Steer). Much of the time it will still be me posting on here, but other members of our staff will also have access to the profile, so we can make the most of it and keep you up to date with our latest products, promos and competitions. 

As most of you know we're a Sportswear manufacturer, we've been making cycling clothing for over 30 years at our factory in Parys just off the Vaal river. We've also recently successfully branched off into many other sporting disciplines. Running, Triathlon, Action Sports, Corporate Tee's, Golf, Netball etc. Basically, if you need any custom made performance apparel, we're the guys to call. We've got 100's of South African sized patterns and wide range of imported and locally manufactured performance fabrics to cover pretty much any needs. We're also permanently evolving and enhancing to cover current trends and needs.

We've also got reps/showrooms based all around the country (www.anatomic.co.za/showrooms/) with the aim of delivering the best service possible. By South Africans, for South Africans - we're very proudly South African company with a long invested history in the sport of cycling through our magazine Ride and our numerous events, Crater Cruise, Southern Skies and our partnership in the rapidly exploding Spur Highschool Mtb Series. We also have an online retail wing (www.weardirect.co.za) which we will be expanding on in the next few months with a nice new website and some exciting new line items.

So please, follow this thread if you want to be kept in the loop with what is happening our side; Sales, new products, competitions, giveaways, event specific offerings, limited edition kits etc. I might even just ask for some design input from our followers - we want to push Anatomic to higher levels than ever before, we want to deliver a South African product on par with the world's best brands.

Thanks for reading and welcome along on our journey.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Durban?

Sadly not at the moment Sepia... KZN has proved a tough nut to crack for some reason. It's definitely something we'll look into again though

Sadly not at the moment Sepia... KZN has proved a tough nut to crack for some reason. It's definitely something we'll look into again though

Pity this.  Quite fancied your products though. I used to get them from the little shop at Moses Mabhida and then all stock was withdrawn.

Pity this.  Quite fancied your products though. I used to get them from the little shop at Moses Mabhida and then all stock was withdrawn.

Me too. I was sad to see the products dissappear :(

Me too. I was sad to see the products dissappear :(

Me three!  I was looking for toe covers and went to STS Sports and sadly no more Anatomic.  Still have my very first bibshorts I bought from that store.  Still going strong after 4 years.

Yeah, we're working on a plan to get going in KZN again... just need to find the right partner. If anyone's interested and serious about getting something going, get in touch with us. There's money to be made  ;)

Yip, we bought it from Future Publishing just over a decade ago.

Its Sillouette that owns Ride and Anatomic amongst others I thought?

Its Sillouette that owns Ride and Anatomic amongst others I thought?

Yip, Silhouette Sportswear Manufacturers Pty Ltd for the whole official mouthful. Family business, the Koekemoers are part of the 'old furniture' in the South African cycling fraternity. 

An anatomic shop has just opened up literally a few km from me. Haven't been yet but my folks went there the other day. Definitely a lot more convenient than trekking all the way out to beyers naude  :thumbup:

Added bonus if you like curry. The shop next door makes awesome bunny chows and chilli bites.

Added bonus if you like curry. The shop next door makes awesome bunny chows and chilli bites.

Ok thanks, will check them out. Shows how thick my blinkers are. Have stayed in the area a while now and have never ventured off the main road that goes passed there(You have only just moved here and you already have tried them). And when I do go get takeaways its from karaglen or stoneridge from the mainstream places. Need to explore more.

Ok thanks, will check them out. Shows how thick my blinkers are. Have stayed in the area a while now and have never ventured off the main road that goes passed there(You have only just moved here and you already have tried them). And when I do go get takeaways its from karaglen or stoneridge from the mainstream places. Need to explore more.

My wife used to be the editor of Ride magazine so she was invited to the opening of the Anatomic Shop.

As I come from Durban and she knows I love curry she noticed the shop next door. So we went the following weekend - both to buy some cycling shirts from Victor and some curry from next door