Courier costs

keith

Hey hubbers to courier an mtb from Cape Town to Durban how much would it cost and who should I go through? Any advice on who I should avoid and any secrets? Thanks guyskeith2008-05-27 08:00:25

Guest Big H

DO NOT USE DHL!!!!!!! An envelope was sent to us on 20 March 2008 form Durban to our office in Oshakati..... we still have not received it!!!!!!!!

Okay, lets be serious.!

Call UTI SUN COURIERS (head office in Pretoria) www.sun.co.za or any of the other similar couriers around.

Ask for a quote but have the following handy -

WEIGHT, DIMENSIONS OF BOX, TYPE OF SERVICE YOU REQUIRE (ie) Economy approx 3 days delivery, or overnight or even same day, do you need it insured (approx 3% of the goods total value) and lastly your address where it will be collected and the address for delivery.

porky2008-05-27 09:40:28

Just remember with bikes and wheels you will pay as per the volumetric weight (sum of dimentions) as this is bigger in most cases more than the actual weight (kg's)

Just ride it there. Far more interesting... Could even get a book out of the adventure so you could actually make money getting it there. Big%20smile

Ivor Keppler is an avid cyclist. He the founder and MD of Time Freight. I've used them to courier bikes before and they were great. Their details are here:

http://www.timefreight.co.za/

• 7 years later...

Revive:

Any up to date details on this? Need to get a road bike from Pretoria to Cape Town.

Revive:

Any up to date details on this? Need to get a road bike from Pretoria to Cape Town.

USE BIGFOOT. THEY ARE VERY GOOD AND NOT EXPENSIVE. I USE THEM OFTEN FROM CAPE TOWN TO THE REST OF THE COUNTRY.

Edited by Smurfy

Revive:

Oooh replacing the reign?

I got lucky once with posnet , posted two 29 wheels to PMB

the fee was still R99 

Oooh replacing the reign?

No still got the Reign for the mountains.

Bought that Eddy Merckx in the classifieds.

Thanks all!

Do not, I repeat, do not use any of the Durban courier services.  It is MUCH cheaper to use the same company but based at the senders location. 

Try the local courier companies. I have used Big Foot previously (arranged a source) and were a pleasure.

Have tried Time freight, Dawn wing (most expensive ever) Courier Guy (unable to quote als do not return calls)

IE:  Durban Courier companies suck big time.

No still got the Reign for the mountains.

Bought that Eddy Merckx in the classifieds.

Thanks all!

Goodness!!!1 so a little shaved legs and lycra action in your future then?

:P