Dixon 3 bike towbar mounted carrier

Dandre

Hi All,

Looking to buy the mentioned product from cash crusaders. Does anyone know somewone who owns or currently own this model and can give some input regarding quality and value for money. Please see image attached.

Regards Dandre

post-109705-0-81618300-1510742774_thumb.png

Dixon, as in the CC badge name electronics manufacturer. could be decent, could be terrible. I would not trust it without a thorough inspection. and still probably not

• 1 month later...

Buzzrack's prices have gone up considerably since Thule's prices went through the roof.

Might try it at that price... they say 3 bikes and it tilts. On another note how's the quality of buzz rack?

Happy with my (4 Cycle) Buzz Rack.  Apart from all the local usage I also did 2 x Centurion - Knynsa trips, with 3 and 4 bikes loaded. 

Yip, couldn't believe the current prices when I saw it!

(This is the rack I have : http://www.rackandcarry.co.za/portals/0/Bike%20Racks/Buzzquattro%209-9-2014.jpg)

Edited by Pieter-za

Happy with my (4 Cycle) Buzz Rack. Apart from all the local usage I also did 2 x Centurion - Knynsa trips, with 3 and 4 bikes loaded.

Yip, couldn't believe the current prices when I saw it!

(This is the rack I have : http://www.rackandcarry.co.za/portals/0/Bike%20Racks/Buzzquattro%209-9-2014.jpg)

I also have one of those and have been happy with it - just 1 thing has let me down - there is an o ring that holds the clamp jaws aligned when you loosen it - when it breaks you are in trouble - but the o ring that holds a Garmin mount to your stem works as a replacement quick fix - just-have to double it to be tight enough.

Mine has been in about a year now.... still going.

• 4 weeks later...

oh well, takealot has a very good return policy. I therefore pulled the trigger. I will report here onthe quality of the carrier.

I'm looking at getting one of these... how did you find it?

hi,

Well so far it's ok.

I haven't had a chance to do a long distance with it yet though, but the build quality looks alright.

The only issue I have, and I guess i would have with others as well, is that the frame of my bike, Trek Fuel Ex8, is quite wide and squarish and the clamp struggle. Also because it is XL the top tube is quite high and the top tube has quite an angle to it.... So I've managed to clamp it from underneath, but i'm not sure how it will hold on long distances. I might try to use one of these ladies bike adapter (if anyone has one i can borrow in nothern suburb cape town that would be great).

Anyway I have kept the carrier as the other issue is just about my bike really, not the carrier itself

• 2 months later...

hi,

Well so far it's ok.

I haven't had a chance to do a long distance with it yet though, but the build quality looks alright.

The only issue I have, and I guess i would have with others as well, is that the frame of my bike, Trek Fuel Ex8, is quite wide and squarish and the clamp struggle. Also because it is XL the top tube is quite high and the top tube has quite an angle to it.... So I've managed to clamp it from underneath, but i'm not sure how it will hold on long distances. I might try to use one of these ladies bike adapter (if anyone has one i can borrow in nothern suburb cape town that would be great).

Anyway I have kept the carrier as the other issue is just about my bike really, not the carrier itself

I'm looking at buying one of these, has it been a reliable product up until now?

Edited by AndyZA

I'm looking at buying one of these, has it been a reliable product up until now?

So far so good. I haven't done long distances with it yet (Easter will be the first one) but driving around and getting to the trails has been ok.