Garmin / Navworld break up?

eibmoZ

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a "warranty" replacement in October last year without any issues.

My Edge 500 went crazy so I took it in, they couldn't fix it and offered me the Edge 520 for a fee.

Paid, walked out with the 520.

No issues.

Maybe their process changed after I was there..

The process has now changed.

If you take your unit through to Navworld, they now need to send it through to Garmin in Rosebank to assess for a warranty replacement.

Not sure if you can skip Navworld and take it directly through to Garmin?

I had an issue with my edge 520 a while ago which was also sent to rosebank. If you ask really really nicely you can check it in at rosebank yourself, but they send it back to either the LBS helping you or to navworld. It still takes 2-5 days so you will not be helped much quicker by going there.

The process has now changed.

If you take your unit through to Navworld, they now need to send it through to Garmin in Rosebank to assess for a warranty replacement.

Not sure if you can skip Navworld and take it directly through to Garmin?

Flip I hope so. Firstly rosebank is a lot closer for me, secondly you would probably save a week. Imagine being without your garmin for a week.

I had an issue with my edge 520 a while ago which was also sent to rosebank. If you ask really really nicely you can check it in at rosebank yourself, but they send it back to either the LBS helping you or to navworld. It still takes 2-5 days so you will not be helped much quicker by going there.

So they don't sort the problem right there and then like navworld used to? 

Maybe they have noticed an increase in older models suddenly breaking or nor working following a newer models release.

Seems a easy and dubious way to get an upgrade.....

Not saying that's the case here but would explain why they are choosing to do more thorough assessments from now onwards.

Maybe they have noticed an increase in older models suddenly breaking or nor working following a newer models release.

Or, like Apple have been forced to admit, new releases of IOS are designed to actively degrade the performance of older handsets so people are encouraged forced to upgrade their otherwise perfect phones.

Flip I hope so. Firstly rosebank is a lot closer for me, secondly you would probably save a week. Imagine being without your garmin for a week.

I understand there has been a change in process, and devices will end up going to Garmin Rosebank.

Navworld is aware that this will cause delays, and are looking into having loan/rental units available, so that everyone can get their vitality points...and also record their rides for strava. 

Rather chat to Navworld first

Seems it has been brewing for a while already.

Garmin really cracked down on Navworld when it came to replacing heart straps at least a year ago.  

Or, like Apple have been forced to admit, new releases of IOS are designed to actively degrade the performance of older handsets so people are encouraged forced to upgrade their otherwise perfect phones.

Nonsense - nothing to do with forcing an upgrade. Read past the headlines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by wahoofish

Maybe Navworld were replacing units too easily.

Now Garmin has a go at fixing the unit before replacing the unit.

I'm pretty sure that sometimes a full software install will solve the problem.

I agree, Garmin are not nearly as skelm as those Apple folk

Should I feel insulted that you call me skelm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk