sani2c

Balooba

Thanks for the info and the recommendation. Those are exactly the tyres I had in mind. 

Possibly considering the Ardent Race as a good compromise between the two?

I'm running the Ardent Race tyres with no issues. You won't go wrong.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Main lesson I have learned is not to overthink things. It is just three really lekker rides over three days. Nothing technical, some big uphills and some awesome views. Great food, good fun and a chance to get out and enjoy yourselves.

The way I see it as well, there are no mysterious secrets you need to know to do a stage race. Each stage is exactly the same as a normal 1-day race so you pack the same things you normally do.

Personally I don't bother with different tires and gear ratios for stage races, I just go with what I am currently riding on but I get many okes get a kick out of investigating & experimenting with all the options. (Point is just that you don't need to do it if it's not your thing)

• 3 months later...

Are there photographers out on the trail taking photos of everyone?

The rules say GoPros are only allowed to be mounted on your handlebars, but no mention of other body mounts like chesty or helmet or a bite mount. I assume that's a no go?

Are there photographers out on the trail taking photos of everyone?

The rules say GoPros are only allowed to be mounted on your handlebars, but no mention of other body mounts like chesty or helmet or a bite mount. I assume that's a no go?

That’s a no go from CSA/UCI rules, camera’s aren’t allowed to be mounted to your body.

There are plenty photographers on route from Jetline, so be prepared to drop some cash if you want the memories.

There’s a few of the event photographers that will be poster to the Sani2C FB page but none from the Jetline photographers.

Will be doing the adventure by the sounds of things...was on standby in case, and it seemed to have worked out.

Lekker man, also doing the Adventure, see you there.

Lekker man, also doing the Adventure, see you there.

Cool, all my mates are doing the trail, so it will be cool to hook up for a beer or 3. Look out for the guy at the back on a white on-one. Not sure what kit I'm riding in yet. 

Whats the easiest way to star Strava segments for Sani? 

I'd like to star the big climbs so I can see the distance remaining and elevation profile on my Bolt...